Illegal or legal? DQ at Fargo

AJ

Grecoref, I wrestled at fargo from 2003-2007 and saw a move just like this done around six times and never was the wrestler DQed. Has there been a rule change since then ?

Next, wrestling is simply a  violent sport. If you want to be successful as a wrestler you have to step out on the mat with the attitude that you want to kick the crap out of your opponent and inflict pain.  Like WarrenDad said,  injuring someone intentionally is when there is a problem.

Chaos.

If you injure someone by intentionally inflicting pain, that is intentionally injuring someone, is it not?

ff

STOP playing semantic games. JTM meant (and everyone knows what he meant) that you should be making your opponent uncomfortable, even making your moves painful. He did not mean that you should injure someone.

Wrestling is not Brutal, but that being said, it is a pretty tough sport, if you cannot take it... go play basketball or something.

My actual thoughts on the slam (the thread topic): I think according to the rules you have to say it's illegal; however a DQ was way overboard. Kid got screwed.

I disagree wildcatcountry. It is obvious that the wrestler grabbing his neck was in pain, oops, I mean extremly discomfortable. These situations must be dealt with firmly to hopefully avoid a more serious discomfort in the future. I feel we are lucky to be having this conversation now while the extremly discomfortable wrestler was able to get up this time.

ff

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.