Wright

I am not one to spread rumors but I also heard that he is going to Warren also.....I didn't see him or D'Marcus Spencer on the roster either..... I heard that both were training for Fargo though.

I hope the best for both of them...

Ok, why would Brandon leave Catherderal a team with a legitimate shot at getting to team state, and go to WC, a team that in 3-4 years if Coach Williams gets things going could be a yearly contender, but at the current time is in no where near the position that Cathederal is in? I dont know if he is or he is not, but wiuth this being his senior year, why would he. Also, last year he was rumored to be going to Warren as well, and the year before. Not to mention that his dad is still a coach over at CHS.

Brandon is a good kid, I dont see him getting kicked out of any school in the state. I will listen to the skuttle butt and as soon as I hear something from someone in a position to know for sure I will let ya know.

Thanks AJ, however while I have the utmost respect for Marines, I never served in uniform.

On a side note, it does seem that the skuttle butt is correct. I have heard from a few sources that Brandon has asked for, and recieved his academic transfer from Cathederal, and will be attending WC next year. This is without question a fantastic addition to WC and the wrestling team. I would venture to guess that Mr Tim Wright will be involved as a coach as well, which will have a very good lasting impact on the school, and will provide Head coach Danny Williams a great coach on the sidelines with him. Welcome home Brandon.

Wow, big news if true. My 1st think as I was reading this was cost. With the way the economy is these days I would think the privates are going to suffer along with if not more than everyone else. Just a thought.

ff

Will the IHSAA let him compete or will someone protest that he is transferring for athletic reasons?  I know its not a valid argument, but they seem to look at hings on the surface and not really look into the reasons behind transfers.

Will the IHSAA let him compete or will someone protest that he is transferring for athletic reasons?  I know its not a valid argument, but they seem to look at hings on the surface and not really look into the reasons behind transfers.

No offense to Warren, but I'm not sure how anyone can make the argument that he is transferring from Cathedral, a top wrestling team, to Warren for athletic reasons. 

No offense to Warren, but I'm not sure how anyone can make the argument that he is transferring from Cathedral, a top wrestling team, to Warren for athletic reasons. 

No offence taken, if you read down the list, you will see that I raised the same question before I found out he was in fact going to enroll at WC this year. I would think that the private schools might be having a hard time this year keeping some of thier students. With the economy the way it is, there might be alot of people leaving that would otherwise wish to remain there. I have no idea why Brandon is comming back to WC, I am just glad he is. He will be a welcome addition to the team.

Will the IHSAA let him compete or will someone protest that he is transferring for athletic reasons?  I know its not a valid argument, but they seem to look at hings on the surface and not really look into the reasons behind transfers.

No offence taken, if you read down the list, you will see that I raised the same question before I found out he was in fact going to enroll at WC this year. I would think that the private schools might be having a hard time this year keeping some of thier students. With the economy the way it is, there might be alot of people leaving that would otherwise wish to remain there. I have no idea why Brandon is comming back to WC, I am just glad he is. He will be a welcome addition to the team.

I don't see how they could keep him from wrestling, if it is a  financial reason, I would think the IHSAA would allow it, but I don't know how they work. Good luck to him, where ever he goes.

I thought kids could go to whatever school they wanted starting in 09-10 year.  The schools set their own criteria, and if the student meets them, they may trasnsfer.  I believe you will see alot more recruiting in the future from many schools. 

That is how I understand it as well Dwilly, as long as it is approved before the start of the school season and they have the adequate transportation.

I think this change will greatly increase the "recruiting" insinuations that appear to be quite prevalent on boards discussing high school athletics.

I don't think it's same as moving from a public school to a public school. I know that the private schools in our area cost quite a bit, and I am sure Cathedral is no different. The IHSAA shouldn't have a problem with it unless they want to pick up the tab. Just an opinion.

If he lives in Warren Township, which I think he does,  does this rule still apply? I don't think so, but I could be wrong.

Unless they have moved since then, I know he was on the same middle school team as my son way back in the day. So yes he does live in Warren township.

I believe that if an athlete were to transfer into a school and not move there, the athlete must sit out one year if he participated in athletics at his old school (similar to college).  If you are accepted and have an address in that new school corp. you are good to go!  It is their way of having some sort of control over kids just driving to a neighboring school with a better athletic program in their selective sport.

I will add my two cents. Cathedral is a college prep school most of the students are paying tution to go there. There is no set boundary that Cathedral may have. They have student athletes coming in from everywhere, It is a matter of getting to the school and paying your fees. As far as Wright's eligibility he should be good to go. As far as I know he never moved he has always lived in Warren Township. Nonetheless, it will be an exciting season. We wrestle them in Jan. The only question that I have is how is the room as far as practice partners. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.