Cadet and Junior Nationals no longer at Fargo by 2011!?!?

MattM

It was being rumored, and now people are saying themat.com's messageboard that the push is on to set up National differently in the near future.  Nothing set in stone  (that I have read) but the working rumor is they want to combined Kids and Cadet natioanls into one event (to get more emphasis on Kids nationals) and have Junior Natioanls as a seperate competition.  Both would then be moved to new venues in the near future.  

Any chance Indy can pull this big national event if given the next two time to organize for it?  If we are interseted the logistics can probably be worked out.  It would sure bring commerce to the city, as well as, save a little cash for those wanting to participate.  In my view having it in state is our best chance of ensuring we send the best we can each year which would hopefully raise our over all team results.  If its just Junior National could Conseco fit if we could fit 8 mats in with scores tables being in the media seats?   Lucas Oil (larger but maybe more pricy) covered with mats for a huge event like Kids and Cadet Nationals or Junior Nationals would be a awesome.

More information about the actual details of the Fargo issue to start filtering in later in the next day or two.

Junior Nationals on 8 mats would take about 2 to 3 weeks to run. We run 20 mats to start in both Greco and freestyle. The Cadets and Juniors rarely wrestle during the same session.

Yeah I really wasn't looking at the logistics of running Junior Nationals would really be.  I guess around 150 kids in each weight even for just Juniors would take awhile with 8 mats.   OK Lucas Oil with plenty of space it is then!  I know the Convention Center has also held other big youth national events in the past between their large rooms but seating is probably the downfall there.

The housing and food will also be a big issue.  I don't think there's a college around here (Indianapolis) that could accomodate that many kids.  The simplicity of a meal card is really a must I think.

Yeah  housing and food will also be the main issue to figure out after a venue if found.  But most cities who take interest would have to work out similar issues too.  Be nice if a group of downtown hotels would cut a big deal with us.  Then for the food part have a massive buffett available for daily food if they want that option.  That may be a little much to ask for though.  However, if it was just Junior Nationals  (over hosting the possible Cadet and Kids Nationals)  we could probably figure something out housing/food wise.  Maybe between Butler, U of I, and IUPUI we may have some workable options available if we were interested and a group would work on it sometime in the future.  

Matt,

Junior Nationals on 8 mats would take about 2 to 3 weeks to run. We run 20 mats to start in both Greco and freestyle. The Cadets and Juniors rarely wrestle during the same session.

How many mats would fit on the field area of Lucas Stadium?  The problem there would be prviding seating close enough to each mat to be able to see the action.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.