Coverage and Interviews from Jr Duals Practice

Y2CJ41

I was at the Junior Duals practice today and got some great interviews with wrestlers and coaches.  I also captured some live goes and other activities at Lawrence North.  Here is the link to the videos, they are uploading right now and look forward to many more later on tonight.

http://www.flowrestling.org/videos/coverage/view/235264

I like this video the best

http://www.flowrestling.org/videos/coverage/view_video/235264-indiana-junior-national-duals-practice/188444-cashe-vs-huey-in-bounceball

Cashe Quiroga vs. Huey Hudson in basketball

I guess Coach Hinkel doesn't need to worry about Cashe playing basketball at Purdue.

I'm about halfway through the Tom Erickson interview and I love his quote "We want the best wrestlers to stay here in the state, that means Purdue, not the other place, it means Purdue".  Go Boilers!!!

You will want to watch Coach Hump's interview next, its even better!

Coach Hump's always a great one to hear from.  Great to see an interview with him.  Y2 you are sounding more like a flo wrestling professional interviewer.

I would give myself a B- for the first time.  I wasn't expecting Coach Humphrey there or I would have had some other questions prepared.  I was hoping Tom Clark would be early for the second session so I could get an interview with him, but he must be on Ohio time. :)

Thumbs up for the technique clips over the leg clinch.  Along with the big time interviews those are my favorite clips to catch on Flo.  It's always great to hear other top wrestlers and coaches explain details of moves and their rational for why they execute them in a certain fashion.

Talk about new avatars...

You like that? It was my oldest sons birthday gift. There is a story behind it but ..........not too sure if he wants me to tell it  yet.

Yes, yes I do.  And, at least he didn't start off with a large tattoo. :D

Your interview with Hump got viewed enough on Flo that it was used to start a new thread on themat.com (college thread - Iow) and that thread has been viewed over 2500 times!!  The more we get Indiana wresters (and coaches!!) out there the better it is.  Great job on the interviews and hopefully we can get more matches posted on Flo from duals, fargo and so on

Very cool.  Whenever you get the approval fill us in on the backstory. 

Ok here's the story

behind the tattoo.  He has always been interested in that kind of thing to begin with, but back in December he was having some issues with depression. He even stopped wrestling for a few months. Anyway he was suicdial for awhile couldn't even leave him alone for awhile. During that time he remembered that the Spartans never gave up they always kept fighting ,so he thought  I'm not going to give up either. We got him into a Dr. and things are under control now,and he is doing much better. He even helped coach his brothers at the Iron Man and helped work tables,where as at our  folkstyle he couldn't even stay. Hopefully things will just keep getting better for him. 

There you have it.  ;D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.