Junior State ***Results Link Posted***

Congrats to all the kids that participated in this event today. I was able to see some great matches. So what were the suprises that everyone else saw. 2 stand out to me, Nelsen over Eppert, and Kenny over Brooks. This is not a slam against either kid that won. Both are great wrestlers, and I have enjoyed watching both for a number of years. But those matches did not turn out the way I would have guessed.

Yeah Trackwrestling is horrible as far as Junior state goes. You cant see who is where. I dont know if that is trackwrestling, or ISWA, but it would have been nice to have some info.  Depending on what list you look at, you see that at 152, there were 47 kids qualified, and 12 pre-registered. They ended up with 20 kids in that weight.

I know at 152 it was

1- Rehinhold (mish.) 7-1 Loss to Smith

2- Barlow ( bloomington) 7-1 Loss to Rehinhold

3- Odom (CIA Indy) 6-2  Loss to Rehinhold, and Barlow

other placers were Caleb Smith Patoka, Kirk Johnson PM, Blake Wood PM, and I dont remember the other 2 kids that placed.

Like most I'm hearing several names being thrown around.  The latest is that Danny Williams will be returning from California to make his head coaching debut.

Coach Vic

caliwrestler92...You are correct that Danny would bring alot back to the Warren program but I didn't say he was a lock, just one of several names bring tossed around.  Granted, in my opinion, he should have the inside lane if in fact he wants the job, but again no "official" decision has been announced at this time.

Coach Vic

The last I heard Cael Snderson was going to skip out on PSU and accept the WC job. But then again that might be just some board chatter started by someone with nothing better to do then stir up stuff.

Warren Dad,

Have they made a decision on who is the next coach at Warren yet? I have heard rumors about the New Pal's Coach, is there any truth in that?

Coach Brown,

I do not think there is any chance of coach wingler of new pal to go anywhere but new pal

Warren Dad,

Have they made a decision on who is the next coach at Warren yet? I have heard rumors about the New Pal's Coach, is there any truth in that?

Coach Brown,

I do not think there is any chance of coach wingler of new pal to go anywhere but new pal

Thats what many people said about Cael Sanderson and we all know what happened there.

I just found out that Cael Sanderson did in fact turn down the offer from WC for the head coaching position. I think they might be bringing in Mena for an interview next.

I would say the front runner is Danny Williams. That is what I have heard through the grape vine, but nothing is locked down yet. I think Danny would and will make a great choice, and will help re-establish WC as a power in a few years.

If that is the case way to go. I memory serves me right I can recall him winning a State Title with a bum ankle under the Coach Ledbetter. That will be a great hire if they go that route. It is disappointing that Cael will not be making his highschool debut at WC.;D though. I am looking forward to the hire either way.

Anything have thoughts on some of the matches????? 

A. Stevenson beats M. Myers, Atwood, and M. Johnson Jones

C. Lentz wins a stacked hwt division

Nelsen over Eppert

Jade McCammon beats former state champ and runner up J. Cook in the old timers class

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.