Coaching

Coaches Pass

Coaches pass required. Coaches floor passes will only be issued to those individuals who are a minimum USAW/ NCEP

Copper certified coach. All coaches must report to a designated site and produce either their Copper or Bronze Coaches Card and picture ID. You will be fitted with a wrist band at that time. Do not take it off. You will be issued only one wrist band.

Coaches ? Be prepared to pick up your pass at the following times:

Friday: 6:00 - 10:00 pm Saturday: 7:00 - 10:00 am & 12:00 - 2:00 pm Sunday: 7:00 - 9:00 am The ISWA

Here is a class you can take to get your coaches card.

May 1 ISWA FREESTYLE STATE FINALS (Friday) Indiana State Fairgrounds

1202 East 38th Street, Indianapolis IN

Contact: ISWA office (317) 780-1885 ? Clinician: Joe Willmann

Registration: 6:30 - 7:00 pm Start Time: 7:00 pm *In conjunction with the ISWA Freestyle State Finals

COPPER CLINIC ON-LINE

An On-Line Copper Clinic is also available on USA Wrestling?s web site: www.themat.com.

The cost of the on-line course is $40.00 and must be paid by credit card. Go to Coaches Corner and follow

the instructions. Please allow a minimum of 6 weeks for receipt of Copper card.

Indiana Bronze

My understanding with most clubs during the freestyle season is that you are on your on at tournaments. Also that thier are different coaches with every club. Some clubs only have 2 or 3 coaches and others have 4 or more. All you need to do is let your coach know that you are coming up on a certain mat and he would be happy to help. Their are alot of parents that have been helping coaches also that can help in this also. ALL TOU NEED TO DO IS ASK.  Everyone knows that the coaches can not make it to all the tournaments thru the state.  Good luck at the tournaments you go to.

My understanding with most clubs during the freestyle season is that you are on your on at tournaments. Also that thier are different coaches with every club. Some clubs only have 2 or 3 coaches and others have 4 or more. All you need to do is let your coach know that you are coming up on a certain mat and he would be happy to help. Their are alot of parents that have been helping coaches also that can help in this also. ALL TOU NEED TO DO IS ASK.  Everyone knows that the coaches can not make it to all the tournaments thru the state.  Good luck at the tournaments you go to.

Some clubs have only 1 coach... making it all the more harder!  :P

Another option, ask the table help to move ahead in the bouts if your coach is coaching on another mat and you are called.  Most schools are more than happy to do this becauase they understand that a young kid should not be uncoached... he/she won't learn anything that way.  Other schools just want to "get through" the matches (yes, I had table help tell me that very recently) and won't wait.  I refer to these schools as evil.  But just asking doesn't hurt.

You are correct and alot of places don't want to wait, but also the kid should be able to wait for his coach. If I understand right, the state tournaments will not start your match untill you have a coach present. I feel that all club tournaments should be ran the same way.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.