Let's go go White Sox

Bash513

Talent wise the Sox aren't second class but from a fan's point of view, there is no comparison. Wrigley Field is ten times the ballpark of U.S. Cellular. Any REAL baseball fan knows that.

Btw, 2005 was four years ago. Let it go. When the Cubbies finally win one, the celebration will make 2005 look like your grandpa's birthday party.

Do you know why 10,000 Sox fans were able to go to the parade back in 2005?

Because only 12 had to call off work!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Talent wise the Sox aren't second class but from a fan's point of view, there is no comparison. Wrigley Field is ten times the ballpark of U.S. Cellular. Any REAL baseball fan knows that.

Btw, 2005 was four years ago. Let it go. When the Cubbies finally win one, the celebration will make 2005 look like your grandpa's birthday party.

Do you know why 10,000 Sox fans were able to go to the parade back in 2005?

Because only 12 had to call off work!

Couple things. First, I do not know that and I am a real baseball fan. To me, Wrigley is not all that great. Maybe it's because I'm not a Cubs fan and I'm able to take off my blinders and realize that the sightlines are bad, the tickets are too expensive, the people there are annoying, the food sucks, and you're lucky if you're not sitting behind a pole. Second, you only wish I would let it go, but it's not going to happen. Four years isn't that long ago. It's certainly a lot less than 108 years or however long it's been since the Cubs won one. Lastly, not only is that a lame joke but I think it's the Cubs fans who don't work. They're the ones who are able to go to all those day games, whereas the Sox fans are the actual blue collar working people who definitely can't go during the day and usually can't go at night because they have to get up early and work the next day, something the yuppie Cubs fans would know nothing about. I'm game if you want to keep going with this, but I think we all know these arguments don't go anywhere. Just don't call me a fake baseball fan and I'll be fine.

I'm not arguing with you but look at any baseball historian's "top ballparks to see a game" and Wrigley is right up there with Fenway and the old Yankee Stadium. I would be surprised if you've seen a game outside of the ghetto where U.S. Cellular lies.

So if Cubs fans can go to all those day games because they don't work (your words), how are they yuppies? Contradiction anybody???? 

About the only factual statement you made was the one about 2005 being before 1908. I won't argue with you there but you need to turn down "Glory Days" by Bruce Springsteen and return to 2009.

I've been to the same amount of Cubs games as I have Sox games and "The Cell" doesn't hold a candle to Wrigley, in my opinion and I'm not alone. I remember the good ole days at "The Cell" when it was half price Tuesday and brawls would break out in the upper deck. Who can forget the game against the Royals when two "die hard" Sox fans jumped the first base coach. You can drink the Sox Kool Aid if you want, Merlyn, but "The Cell" is a nice ballpark in the middle of the ghetto which in turn attracts the scum of the earth for fans. If the Sox organization could charge as much as the Cubs, they would but they know #1) Their "blue collar" fans can't afford it and #2) No sane person would pay that much to go to the ghetto to watch a baseball game.

You can save both of us time and just admit you hate the Cubs for whatever reason.

So if Cubs fans can go to all those day games because they don't work (your words), how are they yuppies? Contradiction anybody???? 

Do we really need to bring class into this thread as well. :D

I'm not arguing with you but look at any baseball historian's "top ballparks to see a game" and Wrigley is right up there with Fenway and the old Yankee Stadium. I would be surprised if you've seen a game outside of the ghetto where U.S. Cellular lies.

About the only factual statement you made was the one about 2005 being before 1908. I won't argue with you there but you need to turn down "Glory Days" by Bruce Springsteen and return to 2009.

I've been to the same amount of Cubs games as I have Sox games and "The Cell" doesn't hold a candle to Wrigley, in my opinion and I'm not alone. I remember the good ole days at "The Cell" when it was half price Tuesday and brawls would break out in the upper deck. Who can forget the game against the Royals when two "die hard" Sox fans jumped the first base coach. You can drink the Sox Kool Aid if you want, Merlyn, but "The Cell" is a nice ballpark in the middle of the ghetto which in turn attracts the scum of the earth for fans. If the Sox organization could charge as much as the Cubs, they would but they know #1) Their "blue collar" fans can't afford it and #2) No sane person would pay that much to go to the ghetto to watch a baseball game.

You can save both of us time and just admit you hate the Cubs for whatever reason.

There are two reasons that the CHUBS are so popular 1. Location baby, youre right about the Cell being in the ghetto but they still get a pretty decent crowd . If you put that delapitated , un-updated Wrigley field  anywhere else then guess what you got squat in the stands.  furthermore if youre such a "die hard"  you remember the days of walking up and getting tickets ten rows back from  the dugout on game day right ? 2. you can thank WGN and harry  causwe it sure aint the product they put on the field for decades.  and as for your scum of the earth comment... i'll take those over a bunch of fake fans like on the north side any day at least they know why they're it's not the booze broads and bars..... it's the SOX