Indiana Elite in Tennessee

We just walked in the door from a fantastic weekend of wrestling.  We took two teams this year out of the qualifier tournament.  We all had a great time and I don't know that I have ever seen a team work harder and support each other more than they did this weekend.  It is always fun to see kids from all over the state, most have never met before, come together as a team and encourage each other and motivate one another like they have been together for years.  Both of these Indiana teams had tough draws, but they weathered the storm and ended up wrestling each other for 3rd and 4th in the silver bracket ( 13th and 14th over all).  Indiana Gold came out on top.

Indiana Gold faced Illinois North Stars, Iowa Black, Pennsylvania Gold, Palmetto and North Carolina Red.

Indiana Blue had in there pool Florida Hurricane, Georgia Elite, Iowa Gold, Pennsylvania Blue and  Ohio Storm.

Both teams finished 1-4 in the pool rounds dropping them into the Silver bracket.  There they both won there first round and dropped heart breakers in the second round of the bracket. Gold loosing to Illinois by 3 points and Blue falling to Florida by 2.  They both went on to win there next round and ended up facing each other.  Where their tournament ended.  We got in a lot of quality matches and had a great experience.  I hope everyone had as much fun as I did.

We were a very young team for the most part, so look for these up and coming stars in the near future.  And if you see them around the mat tell them congratulations, they earned it.

Indiana Gold                                                                          Indiana Blue

40#  Jace Alexander                                                    Hayden Watson

45#  Michael Holmes                                                  Tucker Kirkhoff

50#  Aiden Warren                                                      Lukasz Walendzak

55#  Drew Hildebrandt                                              Justice Cash

60#  Boone Welliever                                                  Alex Grino

65#  Austin Slates                                                      Noah Warren

70#  Cael McCormick                                                Sage Coy

75#  Cody Klettheimer                                            Trettor Lyons

80#  Brett Johnson                                                  Jacob Gray

85#  Dylan Torbush                                                Justin Akers

90#  Jacob Covaciu                                                  Tristan Tonte

95#  Evan Stambaugh                                            Jacob Hendrich

100# Caleb Hoots                                                      Cayden Whitaker

108# Ethan Runyan                                                Blake Kanoy

116# Austin Bates                                                    Jacob Hess

125# Corbin Pedigo                                                  Clayton Scroggs

135# Trevor Thomas                                              Charlie Hill

148# ( no show)                                                        Zane Franklin

HWT Dylan Whitlow                                              Jordan Libby

Coaches : Trent McCormick                                Jim Tonte

Jim Stambaugh                                    Juan Grino

We had 8 all- americans between the two teams, they were..... Drew Hildebrandt (8-1),  Boone Welliever (7-2),  Corbin Pedigo (6-3),  Lukasz Walendzak (6-3),  Noah Warren ( 6-3), Sage Coy ( 6-3),  Jacob Hess (7-2),  Charlie Hill ( 9-0), and Zane Franklin ( 7-2). 

I want to say thank you to all the kids for representing our state with class and to all the parents for taking the time to come and support these kids and help them earn the experience they need to keep improving in a sport that they obviously love.  Thank you coaches you did a great job!  And I didn't for get my table workers Wendy and Chuck, big thanks.  I hope to see all of you ( that are eligible) next year at the qualifier and hopefully we can do it again next year!

Thanks Again,  Brandi       

Just wanted to say thanks to all the coaches and Brani Cash for putting this all together it was a great experience and really put together well. Indiana has some of the best wrestling parents and it was great to hang out all weekend together. I must say our kids wrestled there hearts out and showed great sportsmanship all weekend!!! They never gave up and there were some great teams they went against. Thanks again we hope to be back next year too.                                 

Jason,Lorie,Justin  Akers

I know one thing...that trip to Tennessee last year was one for the ages...it is a GREAT time! Congratulations to both Gold and Blue teams from Indiana! I wish we could have went down again!!! haha

Brandi, you always do an excellent job! Keep up the great work!

Brandi,

thank you for putting this together, for anyone who enjoys the sport of wrestling this is a great experience and not just for the kids. I don't think Hayden even realizes what just happened, but he had fun doing it. Team Indiana Blue and Gold never gave up and did a great job. The coaches did a great job and I thank you for taking the time to coach our kids. It was great to see how the kids bonded and cheered each other on and the parents too. We had a great time and hope to do it again next year.........

thank you for a great experience

William, Toni, Taylor, Hayden Watson

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.