Ohio

manvswild1

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Who thinks that we should set up two divisions for class wrestling discussion? One with Y2, Karl, and manvswild1 and the other with everyone else  ;D

Classing the class discussion...that's the best comment of the day.

Who thinks that we should set up two divisions for class wrestling discussion? One with Y2, Karl, and manvswild1 and the other with everyone else  ;D

I rather enjoy reading these threads.  I break out in laughter at least twice every time I check them out.

I found it offensive. 

You really found that offensive? Seriously? ha... hahahahaha Dude I mean come on it started with me making a joke and then Y2 made that joke. I thought it was a quite funny joke. Just because Y2 said it doesn't mean you can't laugh at it. Lighten up buddy.  ;)

Manvswild - you've made your point.  You're not for class wrestling.  I think in the short amount of time (3 weeks?) you've made as many, if not more anti class posts than Y2 and Karl have made pro class posts since the inception of this website.  Give it a rest!  If your greatest concern in life is that IN is going to classes, get on a board, become a coach.  Quit fighting the fight here.  I know you think this website has been created to only push the class agenda but that's b.s.  Nobody but you believes that.  You're entertaining and so ridiculous sometimes that I wonder if you're not Y2 trying to stir up some interest in the off season for this website but my suggestion to you (if you really exist) is go someplace warm over spring break, have a drink or two and clam down.  The moral underpinnings of society as we know it will not be shattered if IN goes to classes.  Take a deep breath and exhale slowly......that's it!  Now don't you feel better?

Really? You really feel like he's worse than Y2 and Karl'SG"Hungus? Why? Because he doesn't reply with "I'm greater than thou" one liners that Hungus makes or because he doesn't stuff manipulated stats, charts and graphs down our throats like Ross Perot Jr. does?

Stats can and are manipulated every day.  No question.  Frankly, I don't know either Hungus or Y2, never met them so I'm not defending them at all (BTW, thought the Perot Jr comment was hilarious but, unfortunately, I'd guess 5o% of the board is too young to have ever heard of Perot) but Manvswild has kind of gone berserk.  He's started or has been commenting on about 50 different threads regarding the evils of class wrestling.  If it happens, do you seriously think it's going to be because of Hungus and Y2?   I think class wrestling would make IN wrestling better but if it doesn't happen I good with that as well.  Wrestling in IN will not thrive or die based on going or not going to classes.

Y2J controlls the most powerfull board in all of indiana highschool wrestling.  I think it is agenda driven and believe that he has scewed facts.  I may rant a bunch but truth is i see change a coming and want to make sure it doesn't change because we will never go back.

Y2J controlls the most powerfull board in all of indiana highschool wrestling.  I think it is agenda driven and believe that he has scewed facts.  I may rant a bunch but truth is i see change a coming and want to make sure it doesn't change because we will never go back.

Wow, that is almost a complement...I didn't know Y2 was that influential...that's impressive.

Think about it by running this site he gets to pick the brains of the most powerful people in the wrestling community.  Its the truth and I am tired of him pushing class wrestling. 

And some of these people (Div. 1 coaches, NCAA officials) seem to think class wrestling is a good idea.  You can be tired of him pushing class wrestling all you want but people are asking you to stop the personal attacks.  If he truly wanted to silence one class supporters on this site it would take about two clicks on his computer.  (That is not a threat of anykind because I think you are doing far more good for the supporters of class wrestling by posting what you do.)

Downsides of class wrestling

1.  More class systems will take away from the compitition at the state level.  This especially hurts smaller schools with good individuals.  Many of these teams can not schedule wrestling big schools because the team on a whole is not good enough competition.  Thus some small school individuals only true competition comes in the state tournement.  Cutting the talent to a quarter of the staters will hurt the college level wrestlers. 

2.  It doesn't help the people it claims to help.  The supporters say there will be more exposure to small school wresters.  If a wrestler is quality enough to wrestle at the college level the kids will either be sought out or the coaches should help to get the wrestlers name out it won't magically change because of class wrestling.  I do understand kids may be staters as freshmen in weaker classes but that doesn't mean they are college quality.

3.  They claim it will make wrestling numbers go up and smaller schools keep there programs.  This may happen a little bit at the top of the smaller division but truth is these programs are already established.  It will be the same for the bad programs and does not fix the system. 

4.  The supporters say there will be parity.  States like ohio have bigger gaps then indiana has.  13 straight titles for the div I champs.  212 to 81 was the final score at state for the DII.  Also the top three schools were 30 points ahead of the other teams at the DIII level.

If it is not fair to wrestle bigger schools why would Y2 schedule them and wnat class tournements.  If its not good for your team why do it?  It makes no sense. 

Also they always say they are using facts but what fact have they used to actually show that class wrestling is benificial to our wrestlers progress in the college level.  We are pretty well where we should be maybe a little ahead.  I want one cold hard fact that proves its good for the wrestler.

Downsides of class wrestling

1.  More class systems will take away from the compitition at the state level.  This especially hurts smaller schools with good individuals.  Many of these teams can not schedule wrestling big schools because the team on a whole is not good enough competition.  Thus some small school individuals only true competition comes in the state tournement.  Cutting the talent to a quarter of the staters will hurt the college level wrestlers. 

I think the big schools will get better by having to face better competition earlier in the state tournament.

Schools can schedule better competition during the season.  Garrett has done it in the past and my school did it this off-season.

The best small school talent will still see plenty of good competition in the state tournament and if they want more competition they can easily find it in spring rooms and tournaments

2.  It doesn't help the people it claims to help.  The supporters say there will be more exposure to small school wresters.  If a wrestler is quality enough to wrestle at the college level the kids will either be sought out or the coaches should help to get the wrestlers name out it won't magically change because of class wrestling.  I do understand kids may be staters as freshmen in weaker classes but that doesn't mean they are college quality.

It is not only the supporters that say this, it is the college coaches that say this.  Not a hard concept to grasp but you continue to not believe it.

3.  They claim it will make wrestling numbers go up and smaller schools keep there programs.  This may happen a little bit at the top of the smaller division but truth is these programs are already established.  It will be the same for the bad programs and does not fix the system. 

This is a pure guess on your part and you have given no evidence to support it.  Class supporters, on the other hand, have offered Oregon as an example of a state that has expanded its number of classes due to the participation levels and attendance at their state finals

4.  The supporters say there will be parity.  States like ohio have bigger gaps then indiana has.  13 straight titles for the div I champs.  212 to 81 was the final score at state for the DII.  Also the top three schools were 30 points ahead of the other teams at the DIII level.

There are still more teams and more kids wrestling on the big stage, getting that exposure, creating excitement in their schools and communities.  This is not a bad thing.  Michigan appears to have a good deal of parity in their state finals but again you choose to ignore that evidence.

If it is not fair to wrestle bigger schools why would Y2 schedule them and wnat class tournements.  If its not good for your team why do it?  It makes no sense. 

He has answered this question countless time but you refuse to acknowledge his answer.

We are in a one class system right now where his kids have to beat kids from bigger schools to advance in the tournament so it only makes sense to schedule the bigger schools.

If he only wanted to whine, his school would only schedule patsies, then get beat early in the state tournament series so he could complain about out unfair the system is.

However, because his overall goal is most likely for his kids to have the most success they can possibly acheive, his school schedules bigger schools and tougher competition.  Again, not a tough concept to understand but you seem to think his only goal in life is have class wrestling so he can boost his ego.  This is where you are dead wrong.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.