Trent McCormick

tspray1

I can only second that. 

Trent is the reason that I am where I am today.  You will be hard pressed to find a better human being.  I can tell you that whatever Trent sets his mind to, he puts 110% into it.  He is a great person to work with and if elected, he will do a top notch job. 

Good luck buddy!

Joe Willmann

I am also a big fan of Trent McCormick. Trent was in his early 20's when I first met him and I was impressed, not only with his dediication to Indiana wrestling, but with is sense of integrity and fair play.  I remember that Coach Kopnisky used to laugh and say, "That Trent McCormick, He's the kind of guy you want your daughter to marry."

Coach McCormick mentioned a mission statement and by-laws in his interview.  I was wondering if it is possible to have someone in the IHSWCA post the mission statement and by-laws either on this site or the coaches site?

They are not super secret documents.

Join the IHSWCA and they will probably give you a copy.

TheAncientElder (TAE)

The Imperial Potentate and Grand Poobah of Classless wrestling in Indiana.

I wear my Fez with pride.

www.theancientelder.net

Why can't they be posted so EVERYONE can see them, not just members?  I think a copy was requested to be posted earlier this year, but I have not seen anything in regards to it recently.

They are not super secret documents.

Join the IHSWCA and they will probably give you a copy.

TheAncientElder (TAE)

www.theancientelder.net

I am a member and as stated they have been requested before.

Y2,

You probably want to know the "SECRET HANDSHAKE" too.

But you can't unless you go through the "SECRET INITIATION".

And if you get to be a 33rd degree coach you get your own "NO CLASS" wrestling pin.

TheAncientElder (TAE)

www.theancientelder.net

Is there a conspiracy to keep Y2 out of the club?

illconfsnb322.jpg

Y2                                                                                                                                                                                        TAE

ATM-MC2-3-8-44

Y2,

You probably want to know the "SECRET HANDSHAKE" too.

But you can't unless you go through the "SECRET INITIATION".

And if you get to be a 33rd degree coach you get your own "NO CLASS" wrestling pin.

TheAncientElder (TAE)

www.theancientelder.net

I would like to know the direction the association is going, especially after seeing the proposals for this year. I would really love to know who my regional rep is(as would others). I would also like to know when all these regional meetings are. I have yet to be informed of them in my 6 years of being a member. I would love to know how the association came up with the proposals for this year, is it really what the coaches in Indiana want? I have a hard time believing that the coaches in Indiana are truly concerned about having 24 or 28 kids on the sectional roster.

Its about communicating with the members of what is going on.  I got a letter yesterday stating what the proposals would be and this is the first I have heard of it.  I would wager a good sum of money that 90% of the association fells the same exact way. 

Tell me why no one else even had a chance to be nominated for Secretary/Treasurer.  I'm curious to know why no one else was allowed to be nominated.

Prairie Heights borders Bronson Mi High school and it is a small school that goes to state as a team almost every year. They have that fever that Trent is talking about for the small schools. They have very few holes in there line up for that reason. I think people would be amazed what class team state would be like if we were ever to get it done.

Van Barroquillo

At the fall clinic they offered up nomintations for sec/ tres.  It was one of those kind of laughing no one else would want to do all of that work kind of nominations at the end, but it was stated.  I coached with J.D. last year so I remember listening because I didn't know if anyone would run for it.  As far as the team state I agree it would be awsome to have it classed, but fear it would lead to classed individual as well, do any of you think that McCormick's stance on class wreslting will have an affect on him being voted in?

At the fall clinic they offered up nomintations for sec/ tres.  It was one of those kind of laughing no one else would want to do all of that work kind of nominations at the end, but it was stated.  I coached with J.D. last year so I remember listening because I didn't know if anyone would run for it. 

How do you know no one else wanted to run for it?  No one was given any chance to nominate another person.

Im not saying no one else wanted it, but if someone wanted to nominated someone else they could have.  I would agree that it may not have been the most inviting oppurtunity to run for it as everyone was joking around about how "no one else wants the postion" but at the same time I dont think they would have said that no one else can run against him.

Guest KoKo B-Ware

So exactly what is Coach McCormick's stance on class wrestling?  Does anyone know?

What all does he want done with High School wrestling?  I think it sounds like there is a MONOPOLY happening within the IHSWCA.

Here we go! I can see the direction that this is heading...

Remember, this post was regarding Trent McCormick.

Just a reminder...

P.S.

By the way, if Trent is 1/2 the man that Joe Willmann says he is, he is a Great Coach and an even better person! Good luck to ya, Coach!

If you have been around Trent McCormick, you can see he has a passion for Indiana high school wrestling.  There are a lot of ex state champions who got and took a lot from our great sport and you rarely see them again.  Trent is among those who have been giving back for years.  And most of those years he was not a teacher.  For those who don't realize it, having a job outside the school system makes it even more difficult to be a good coach.  We are fortunate to have willing leaders like Trent who really understand this sport, not just from a technical standpoint, but also the administrative and political aspects.  In today's economy, the sport of wrestling is in danger of surviving at more small schools than you maybe realize.  Brebeuf cut their program last fall after their coach resigned, and their are several AD's who would love to not have to bother with wrestling.  Girls' gymnastics is losing rapidly as there were only 87 high schools entered in the sectionals this year and many of those teams had only a few participants.  School administrators are getting more pressure to cut costs and all it will take at some small schools is a year with a low number of wrestlers and they could easily get axed.  Trent McCormick understands the importance of class wrestling to actually growing the sport at the high school level.  You can't grow the sport by keeping things the way they have always been, because changes are always happening and you either have to adapt or die.  I used to be mostly against class wrestling because I also like the idea of having one "true" state champion, but I realize now that idea is not what is best for the future of Indiana high school wrestling.  In the last three years that I have been a varsity head coach I have come to understand the situation small schools are in when it comes to getting enough good athletes to wrestle to have a good wrestling team.  I have one varsity wrestler who only wrestles, three who are on two teams and ten who are three sport athletes.  Most of my team would like to be wrestling in the spring, but they know they are needed by our baseball, or track or golf team, and the soccer coach wants his players to play spring soccer.  There is no way I can ask them to give less dedication to their spring sports than I want from them in the winter.  Several have argued with Y2 about class wrestling, but they should pay closer attention to what he is saying because his reasons for class wrestling are good and valid.  Why class wrestling would be good for Indiana isn't too hard to understand if you open up your mind and really think about it.  I am voting for Trent McCormick.  Even if he doesn't get enough people to realize that class wrestling will be a positive force to help high school wrestling grow in Indiana, I am confident he will still do a great job for the IHSWCA and will continue his years of advancing wrestling in Indiana.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.