Grinds my Gears 2

Here is what grinds my gears today.

- Not taking pride in your community, or your school, and thinking the world revolves around you. Hedonism here we come!!!!

I am not sure why anyone besides me ever starts a post like this. Dont you all know that mine is the only opinion that matters..... ;D

(wildcatcountry97, relax, I am just pulling your chain)

If it was not for the kids.....and our school......I could/ would care less about the community.....most of them are so hypercritical, political, prejudice, and throw religion down your throat so bad you start feeling like you don't believe in anything anymore.....(Kind of sounds like the game of basketball!)

That's why Wrestling is the most awesomest, bestest, greatest sport (looking to see if Y2 will correct my English)  Ever!  Because it's for the kids, by the kids and there is nothing nobody can say about it!

Just look what we have to be proud of:

SAWrestlingRoom-medium;init:.jpg

The Sweetest Wrestling Room Ever!

(by the way, after 5 years of this.....It is in the plans to get a new room soon, maybe next year)

OH, but wait....our community is going to build a New Clock!

arial-view.jpg

tower-rendering.jpg

That's a freaking beautiful Clock!!!

Our kids will sure benefit from that.....

Guest KoKo B-Ware

Hey at least when they come into the wrestling room, they will know what time it is.  Well if they can tell time on that kind of clock.

Kids in my area can hardly tell digital time.

Tell your community to tear it down and rebuild it with a digital system in it.

Wildcat...I agree with you on this topic.  But kids nowadays don't care about anything...they have no respect and dont' take responsibility.

I think most of this falls on the society in which our country is growing now and I think parents just don't care anymore.

Hey at least when they come into the wrestling room, they will know what time it is.  Well if they can tell time on that kind of clock.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

Guest KoKo B-Ware

Your wrestling room looks like you have mats thrown in a subway cart...I think your school has some problems.  You guys did good this year!  Congrats on that.

But you have to admit there are a lot of schools like that and it is sad...they wonder why kids don't want to wrestle.

I just love posting that picture.  Thanks for the nice comments....

I agree, there are alot of schools that have it much worse....and we respond to harsh conditions by winning....

Our Basketball team can't seem to figure out our secret....they got the best of every thing.....and they still can't win.

I tell them they need to quit worrying about what we're doing and focus on themselves....

Koko congratulations on getting into the Hall of Fame, and everytime I read your post I hear your voice.

"Piiiiledrrrrriver!!"

But what grinds my gears is how can a man who never held any major belt and was a glorified gate keeper for incoming stars get elected into the Hall of Fame???

Does this mean Brooklyn Brawler gets in next year??

Of course I guess this is the same Hall of Fame with Pete Rose and William Perry.

I don't believe the moderators need to explain why they delete any posts.

This is primarily a high school level board. And as such, certain things are off limits. 

I for one think that the moderators have shown quite a bit of leniency here during heated debates. 

What grinds my gears is deleting posts with no explanation. Why won't Y2 return my calls? Why?!!  I feel so cheap. :'(

Offer Joe a schooner and see what happens! :P

Just tell him your for class wrestling.  You'll be on his good side for life. ;D

This topic hits home with me, i am a volunteer and had a kid on the team this year that walked around with his warm up top off , trying to show off his "guns" he did this even though every tournament i told him not to do it again.  Bad thing is he was a role model to the young kids on the team and got them started doing it to.  Although that may seem harmless its the fact that last year he told me to suck his blank in practice right in front of these young kids and most recently (the week of the sectional) told me to shut the f up, in front of the head coach and the kids.  I had never been so mad in my life.  If  i was head coach his season would have been over.  Not to mention he was a state qualifier.

Guest KoKo B-Ware

Maybe you should have confronted the coach.  If that didn't work then QUIT. 

It ain't worth being on a team that does that and working with a head coach that doesn't take care of that problem.

Kids think they run the world now and they are really just setting themselves up for failure.  Don't let kids run all over you and run "your" program.

Its easy to quit, plus there are 13 other kids in the room who didnt do anything to me so rightly i cant walk out on those kids.  But i do wish the head coach would have given a little more discipline than just a slap on the wrist that was administered

Sb - I'm with ya brother, I have had several "hilarious" posts removed. Admittedly a few i can see taking down, but some were legitimate. I think posting a quick reason why it was deleted would be nice.

JT, Sorry to hear that. My recommendation would be to be his practice partner! Years ago when i was young enough to still get in the room, there was a kid with smart mouth. After practicing with me for about ten minutes, he started crying. It was difficult for him to be a 'tough guy' in front of his peers, after they had all seen him crying.

KoKo is correct though in that you need to confront the coach. By his being passive he's missing a great opportunity to help a kid who clearly needs it.

Hahaha i know i must sound like a bag of excuses but its funny you should mention me being his practice partner, because i was i beat him up and down the mat made him cry everyday in front of his teammates and it still didnt work he still shows no respect.  As for talking with the coach that is in the works.

The moderators never need to offer an explanation for the deletion of posts.  If a post is removed it is because it does not lay within the spectrum of what this board and website was designed for.

Thanks y2. I'll remember that it's your board and you will cry if you want to.  I was simply hoping that if I didn't post within the parameters, you could help me out so I didn't do so in the future.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.