33. Oak Park River Forest IL

34. Goddard KS

35. Crown Point IN

36. Grand Island NE

37. Roseburg OR

38. Waverly-Shell Rock IA

39. Ponca City OK

40. Iowa City West IA

I believe Mishawaka was ranked near the end of the list at the start of the season.  Crown Point by winning team state must have taken over their spot.  Glad to see Indiana is at least getting a little national recognition.

http://www.wrestlingusa.com/02%20wusa%20web%20root/highschoolbest/2008High%20SchoolAllClassRankings.html

I was looking at the individual rankings at USA and look at 119:

6. Camden Eppert, 12, (Anderson Highland, IN)

11. Brandon Wright, 11, (Indianapolis Cathedral, IN)

30T. Alex Johns, 12, (Reitz, IN)

30T. Justin Brooks, 12, (Warsaw, IN)

30T. Ethan Raley, 10, (Indian Creek, IN)

Five Indiana guys in the top 35, tough weight.

http://www.wrestlingusa.com/02%20wusa%20web%20root/highschoolbest/2008High%20SchoolAllClassRankings.html

I was looking at the individual rankings at USA and look at 119:

6. Camden Eppert, 12, (Anderson Highland, IN)

11. Brandon Wright, 11, (Indianapolis Cathedral, IN)

30T. Alex Johns, 12, (Reitz, IN)

30T. Justin Brooks, 12, (Warsaw, IN)

30T. Ethan Raley, 10, (Indian Creek, IN)

Five Indiana guys in the top 35, tough weight.

119 seems to always be stacked!!!!!!!!

i can't believe that blair academy has guys ranked in 11 out of 14 weight classes.  One single team has 11 guys ranked in the top 30 in the country at their respective weight. now thats impressie

What do they have, 28 national prep championships in a row.  Quite the powerhouse

They recruit nationally I believe. You could look into it if you have $41,000 a year. WOW!!!!!!  And You Better Be a 4.0 student too. Double WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Private Academy. Big, no..HUGE..... No .......GINORMOUS!!!!    Advantage

They recruit nationally I believe. You could look into it if you have $41,000 a year. WOW!!!!!!  And You Better Be a 4.0 student too. Double WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Private Academy. Big, no..HUGE..... No .......GINORMOUS!!!!    Advantage

Traditionally most of Blair high school wrestlers have been from NJ or very close to it.  However, they do have a few out of state transfers.

Traditionally most of Blair high school wrestlers have been from NJ or very close to it.  However, they do have a few out of state transfers.

Blair Academy Roster

2008-2009 High School Team Roster

Brad Bishop, 11, Lexington, OH

Sean Boyle, 12, Lowell, Massachusetts

Tony Buxton, 12, Blairstown, NJ

Scott Collins, 11, Dallas, TX

Andrew Dutton, 9

Arthur Ellwood, 11, Rumson, NJ

Garrett Frey, 12, Pittsburgh, PA

Joseph Frick, 9, Blairstown, NJ

Mark Grey, 9, Rockaway, NJ

Dillon Hoffman, 11, Long Valley, NJ

Adam Hogue, 12, Twinsburg, OH

Max Huntley, 11, Stafford, VA

Max Hvlobek, 9, West Hills, CA

Holt Johnson, 10, Durham, NC

Ben Krakower, 12, Albany, NY

Andrew Lajara, 12, Bridgeport, CT

Austin Ormsbee, 10, Byram, NJ

Eric Panicucci, 12, Milford, PA

James Park, 10, Seoul, Korea

Todd Preston, 9, Hampton, NJ

Ed Ruth, 12, Harrisburg, PA

Jesse Shanaman, 11, Blairstown, NJ

Evan Silver, 10, Chevy Chase, MD

Charles Steere, 9, Nashville, TN

Mark Stillerman, 10, Minot, ND

Drew Sutherland, 10 Basking Ridge, NJ

Kyle Taylor, 10, Upper Black Eddy, PA

Chris Villalonga, 11, Totowa, NJ

TJ Welch, 11, Lewisboro, NY

Neil Zimmerman, 11, Wantage, NJ

You tell me, but it looks like a lot of out of state recruits. I don't think they are allowed to compete on the same level with the rest of the state.

I stand corrected "Internationally" recruited.

With a name like James Park I doubt he has ancestry going back to prehistoric Korea  ::)  .  Who knows the whole story, maybe his family from NJ is stationed at a military base there.  If not, they are just trying to go to the place that gives them the opportunity to make it to the next level.

With a name like James Park I doubt he has ancestry going back to prehistoric Korea  ::)  .  Who knows the whole story, maybe his family from NJ is stationed at a military base there.  If not, they are just trying to go to the place that gives them the opportunity to make it to the next level.

These high school age boys are so advanced, they could give the #10 team in the Big Ten a run for the money. ;D ;D ;D ;D

These high school age boys are so advanced, they could give the #10 team in the Big Ten a run for the money. ;D ;D ;D ;D

Ouch! Ouch! Below the belt.... I'm going to chalk up the 2nd to last place finish to the toughness of the Big Ten this year. 

Actually, Park is a traditional, ancient Korean name.  Open mouth, insert foot.

I think Boiler-Up was just kidding. No racial slur. James is actually English(British) by origin. James Park could be English/Korean. It does not matter he is listed as hailing from Korea and that makes him an international recruit.

Seriously Blair Academy could bang with some D I  Schools but not Purdue. Yes Big 12 and Big Ten are among the best.Just thought I would get in a little rub.

I think Boiler-Up was just kidding. No racial slur. James is actually English(British) by origin. James Park could be English/Korean. It does not matter he is listed as hailing from Korea and that makes him an international recruit.

Seriously Blair Academy could bang with some D I  Schools but not Purdue. Yes Big 12 and Big Ten are among the best.Just thought I would get in a little rub.

oscar, i love the phaedrus quote.  i am reading that book now.

D-train

I can not tell if you are being sarcastic or not. I was taught not to be afraid of those wiser,more intelligent or more informed than myself. This has helped free me from ignorance. I.Q. is relative and Knowledge is attainable. I have many more quotes(lessons) I use to keep myself on track. Plato, who created Phaedrus, was both wise and intelligent. I will not even pretend to understand all that he has written, but what he says here is clear. Thear is more to the quote check the next post.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.