2009 state champs vs 2009 state champs

blah blah blah

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest justafan52

porras would stomp on tsirtsis.

oh you mean like how he stomped on cashe when they wrestled?

Are you insinuating that Porras would get stomped on by Napules too since Napules beat Tsirtsis.  The point I'm trying to make is that you can't judge who would win a match based off the way someone wrestled others who have faced the same guy

Tsirtis got the 1st Tkdwn and then backed up the rest of the match until hitting a front headlock a defensive move in the 3rd period. To say he stompped Cashe is rediculous. I'm not saying he shouldn't have won and that he was stalling, but once he got that 1st tkdwn he didn't do anything. To say Porras can't beat him is a bit rediculous. Napules beat him. Sometimes guys just lose it always happens.

Since when is scoring from a font headlock not an offensive move?  ::)

Because he didnt snap him down into a front headlock. He sprawled into one. I didnt mean he backed up and in stalling.I even said he did not stall. Yes he rides well, didn't work a turn though. i ment it more along the lines of he didnt shoot again and Cashe shot prolly 10-15 times? Just because Cashe beat porras 10-5 means nothing. He majored Eppert and went to OT with Wright. So i guess Eppert would have no chance with Wright huh. Napules beat him so i guess a state champ from a heavier weight class would have no shot at it. Now Tsirtis im talking about him as a freshman not any other time.

103-Phillips vs. 112-Hawkins

112-Hawkins vs. 119-Eppert

119-Eppert vs. 125-Tsirtis

125-Tsirtis vs. 130-Porras

130-Porras vs. 135-March

135-March vs. 140-Sandefer

140-Sandefer vs. 145-Young

145-Young vs. 152-McMurray

152-McMurray vs. 160-Runyan

160-Runyan vs. 171-Duckworth

171.Duckworth vs. 189-Shrewsbury

189-Shrewsbury vs. 215-Baker

215-Baker vs. 285-Chalfant

porras would stomp on tsirtsis.

oh you mean like how he stomped on cashe when they wrestled?

Are you insinuating that Porras would get stomped on by Napules too since Napules beat Tsirtsis.  The point I'm trying to make is that you can't judge who would win a match based off the way someone wrestled others who have faced the same guy

no i was insinuating that porras would most certainly not "stomp" tsirtis...although your right with the rest of your post

anywayz How much of a scholarship is Shrewsbury getting at Northwestern... because he did not really impress me that much...

Undefeated State Champion is not that impressive??

Ok... winning state is impressive.. but what i am saying is he does not have a college style and I don't see him as a D1 wrestler..  He is good on his feet and not so good on top or bottom... but i guess that is how a lot of Indiana wrestlers are.  I am not trying to cause a controversy he is a good wrestler and probably a good kid as well

Hey, lets not put anyone down here. Especially a kid like Shrewsbury. Shrewsbury is a great wrestler and he will have alot of success at Northwestern. Shrewsbury will get much better in college, just watch. Great wrestler and a great guy.

Shrewsbury is a great wrestler... but i also think he needs to work on top and bottom but you do not get a lot of practice at that in high school when you are good.  It will take time but all wrestlers have to adjust to the college style

Oh Champion champion champion, I'm going to remind myself that your clearly a young kid with your post you wrote. I think it's safe to say you can't get a full general oppinion on how solid a wrestler is with watching one or maybe two matches that they wrestle. Especialy in the final rounds  in which they tend to wrestle a little conservative. You think he shoulda woulda coulda lost in the semis?? He won and moved on to finals.Your comment is pretty much a dig to him and any other kid he's wrestled over the year. If your not impressed with him that's fine. I sure am as well as the other hand full of college coaches that recruted him hard. As far as scholarship money goes- Marcus did very well for himself not only because he's a great wrestler but, because he's a great student also.(How much sclolarship money did you get?) He also recieved a few-K for not getting on this board and talking crazy smack. He ended up 2nd last yr. 1st this year and went undefeated....  Do the math champion.     Congrads Marcus we love you

i would  say porras beats jason by a 2 or 3 maybe.frankie's shots are too good and he is always pressing the action.i dont think jason would hold down frankie with his turk ride.i look at it as more of a stalling technique..even though he does score points haha.im not saying jason cant hang but that frankie is just 1 level up from him

people usually tend to think that the higher weights would beat the lower weights.what does everyone thing?

103-Phillips vs. 112-Hawkins

112-Hawkins vs. 119-Eppert

119-Eppert vs. 125-Tsirtis

125-Tsirtis vs. 130-Porras

130-Porras vs. 135-March

140-Sandefer vs. 145-Young

145-Young vs. 152-McMurray

152-McMurray vs. 160-Runyan

160-Runyan vs. 171-Duckworth

171.Duckworth vs. 189-Shrewsbury

189-Shrewsbury vs. 215-Baker

215-Baker vs. 285-Chalfant

103-112: Phillips

112-119: Eppert

119-125: Eppert (tough call)

125-130: Tsirtsis

130-135: Porras

135-140: Sandefer

140-145: Sandefer

145:152: McMurray

152-160: McMurray

160-171: Runyan

171-189: Shrewsbury

189-215: Baker

215-285: Chalfant

how about chalfant Vs. phillips  ;)

I've wrestled both Tsirtsis and Porras, and I'm gonna go with porras not in a dominating fashion but definately controlling the whole match. The way he leads with his head and blocks with his hands is unrivaled. Jason might be more technically sound but Frankie has learned how to control a match in highschool. He completely shuts down his opponents offense with his foward pressure and relentless pursuit of a single leg takedown.

103-Phillips vs. 112-Hawkins                      Phillips wins

112-Hawkins vs. 119-Eppert                        Eppert wins

119-Eppert vs. 125-Tsirtis                            Tsirtsis wins

125-Tsirtis vs. 130-Porras                            Tsirtsis wins

130-Porras vs. 135-March                            March wins

135-March vs. 140-Sandefer                        Sandefer wins

140-Sandefer vs. 145-Young                        Sandefer wins

145-Young vs. 152-McMurray                    McMurray wins

152-McMurray vs. 160-Runyan                Runyan wins

160-Runyan vs. 171-Duckworth                Duckworth wins

171.Duckworth vs. 189-Shrewsbury        Shrewsbury wins

189-Shrewsbury vs. 215-Baker                  Baker wins

215-Baker vs. 285-Chalfant                        Chalfant wins

i would  say porras beats jason by a 2 or 3 maybe.frankie's shots are too good and he is always pressing the action.i dont think jason would hold down frankie with his turk ride.i look at it as more of a stalling technique..even though he does score points haha.im not saying jason cant hang but that frankie is just 1 level up from him

quote and i quote tsirtis will be the record books along with his brother as the first 2 4x states champs and i quote

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.