Congrats to Steven Sandefer

M109R

Congrats to Steven Sandefer on a great High School career . He made it to the state finals all 4 years of high school , placing 5th , 1st and 1st . Could not have happened to a better young man .  Can't wait to see you wrestle in college .

probably should have waited till after they raised his hand, instead of making his opponent stand at the middle of the mat waiting for him.......

I agree also.  For those that have watched Steven wrestle over the years....quite uncharacteristic that he would "celebrate" in any fashion.  More of a spur of the moment, rather than well thought out plan.

Steven has nothing but respect for Ryan Stahl and predicted on the drive home last night that "Ryan Stahl will win a State Title next year!!"

Sincere apologies to anyone who interpreted Steven's burst of emotion in the culmination of his high school career as disrespectful, because it was not meant to be.

Steve Sandefer

Although I agree with Decbell, the way he has carried himself through high school to that point in his career gives him a get out of jail free card in my book. Everyone is entitled to an undue display of emotion sometime in their life. Steven is a great kid and sportsman and I wish him the best of luck wrestling with the greyhounds.

P.S. On the flip side, that was a sweet dance move

Well, I found another important reason to post on here.

Congratulations Steven from the Harpers.

Steven, we truly have enjoyed watching you wrestle over the years and more importantly being part of the Sandefer family. We wish you the best of luck at the University of Indianapolis next year. Wrestling in college won't be the same without you and Josh on the same team.

Now let?s repeat with another team State title next weekend.

Guy, Sue and Josh

Congrats Steven,

2 State titles and one hell of a rugby player!  I have enjoyed watching you wrestle and even more spending time with you and your family over the years.  Danville being of of my best memories.  Most people might have been surprised by the celebration break dance, but hell I have seen you do those move for years on the mat getting out of what was seemly impossible pinned positions  :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.