Eric Roach

trapjaw

Wow the guy asks a question and it is sour grapes, come on.  By the way yes he was sick I just read it in NWI Times and it said a he had strep (sp) throat and in the article it states that he was not making excuses and it was just not his day.

By the way I was not getting fired up I was saying you can't call for sour grapes when someone is just asking for more info about a situation.  No one is making excuses for him I was just pointing out what I knew from what I read.  By the way here is the part of the article that talks about it:

Under the weather: A case of strep throat took its toll on Crown Point's Eric Roach (40-2). He went into the semifinals unbeaten, then lost his final two matches, 6-2 in the semis to Brown County's Mitchell Richey and 3-1 in the consolations to Carmel's Will Mascaro.

"It really affected my conditioning," Roach said. "I don't like to make excuses. I should've put it out of my head. The kids who beat me were really good. People have their days and this just wasn't my day."[/b

By the way I was not getting fired up I was saying you can't call for sour grapes when someone is just asking for more info about a situation.  No one is making excuses for him I was just pointing out what I knew from what I read.  By the way here is the part of the article that talks about it:

Under the weather: A case of strep throat took its toll on Crown Point's Eric Roach (40-2). He went into the semifinals unbeaten, then lost his final two matches, 6-2 in the semis to Brown County's Mitchell Richey and 3-1 in the consolations to Carmel's Will Mascaro.

"It really affected my conditioning," Roach said. "I don't like to make excuses. I should've put it out of my head. The kids who beat me were really good. People have their days and this just wasn't my day."[/b

Knowing Eric, I would expect nothing less then for him to give credit to the kids that beat him yesterday. He has always won and lost with class and dignity. He will be on top of the podium at some point again.

Speaking from experience on the subject I HAVE wrestled with strep throat and it DOES affect your conditioning. Ended up getting my tonsils taken out to avoid that situation again. Although a select few of you say Eric is using it as an excuse, his comments in the paper contradict your words. Congratualtions Eric on an outstanding sophomore season and I look forward to watching you wrestle in the future.

Sounds like sour grapes to me.

Yet its never sour grapes about harper huh??? I was shocked as I nearly had Roach as a lock

Where have I made excuses for Harper??  I don't even understand that comment. 

Roach seems like a classy kid, but there is no reason to get on here the day after the state finals and start making excuses.  He's not using it as an excuse.

date=1235307690]

Sounds like sour grapes to me.

Yet its never sour grapes about harper huh??? I was shocked as I nearly had Roach as a lock

Where have I made excuses for Harper??  I don't even understand that comment. 

Roach seems like a classy kid, but there is no reason to get on here the day after the state finals and start making excuses.   He's not using it as an excuse.

I wasnt claiming you made any excuses for Harper. I am simply saying people were discussing his torn labrum to great lengths and no one said that sounds like an excuse and sour grapes...etc. I think both are amazing wrestlers and obviously both conditions would greatly affect one's wrestling.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.