State Singlets

1Team1Goal

The tuxedo singlets were awesome.  I couldn't stop laughing everytime I saw them.  It took some real b*lls to order those and wear them on the biggest stage.  Can you imagine the guy at the singlet company on the phone when the coach was ordering those singlets?  "You want what on the front of your singlets."  Priceless.

Those singlets were made by a fellow student at Indian Creek.  He used his own money to make those for both wrestlers. 

I disagree I thought the Indian Creek singlets were not too cool. I could not take the two wrestlers seriously, but maybe they use this as a strategy.  I mean could you imagine going up against a kid wearing one of those silly things. It woud be very difficult to keep a straight face. I did hear a rumor though, about the coaches and family members of the two wrestlers not being too happy with thier guys wearing the tuxedo singlets at state.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I enjoyed the Indian Creek singlet even thought that i would never wear it. 

Runyan's singlet was very bad indeed!!!

I like the green cathedral singlet, but not as much as their gold ones.

My favorite has to be solid maroon...

Tuxedo singlets- you don't wear that friday night....look what happens when you lose. they talk about your singlet, not you. I was always brought up under the idea that "you buy you pair of flashy pink shoes AFTER you win a state title. with that raley I guess has earned it, but I say save it for the match under the lights.

Memorial ALWAYS has fancy singlets. its nice when an asst coach designs/makes/sells them for a living. even their little guys have great gear. they also have sweet summer singlets as well.

Some 1-

Maroon not the grey?! wonder why? ha ha

I know they are not new, but I was a bit surprised by Roncalli's singlets. I think putting a cross on a singlet took balls. In a world where not everyone agress on that, that shows commitment.

I think Eppert/Anderson Highland's singlets are always nice. I like the red plaid & the white one.

Stein's singlet is the one Princeton wore all year just an FYI.

But being old school and from Southern Indiana, the MD traditional singlet is a class act. nothin flashy, just business as usual. talk with your skills not your singlet. (Yes, even though Simms was the lone ranger)

Tuxedo singlets- you don't wear that friday night....look what happens when you lose. they talk about your singlet, not you. I was always brought up under the idea that "you buy you pair of flashy pink shoes AFTER you win a state title. with that raley I guess has earned it, but I say save it for the match under the lights.

Memorial ALWAYS has fancy singlets. its nice when an asst coach designs/makes/sells them for a living. even their little guys have great gear. they also have sweet summer singlets as well.

Some 1-

I know they are not new, but I was a bit surprised by Roncalli's singlets. I think putting a cross on a singlet took balls. In a world where not everyone agress on that, that shows commitment.

I think Eppert/Anderson Highland's singlets are always nice. I like the red plaid & the white one.

But being old school and from Southern Indiana, the MD traditional singlet is a class act. nothin flashy, just business as usual. talk with your skills not your singlet. (Yes, even though Simms was the lone ranger)

hey Spiral...Memorials singlets, the Roncalli singlet, Steins singlet, and OH YEAH, Youngs Superman Culver singlet...I wonder where all of those were designed?????  whoever did those knows what they are doing.  ;)

Some 1-

Why were you suprised by the cross on Roncalli's singlet?  It is a Catholic school. I think everyone sending their kids there either agree with it, or at the very least dont oppose it.

I think in the individual state finals, you should not wear a singlet with your school on it, but rather make your own and put your own name on it, because of course its not about the team. GEEEEZZ

You don't do that for a few reasons 1. who did you work with all year to get to that point and it's disrespectful to your school

The first person that I remember wearing a white singlet in the finals was Devon Nelson of Mishiwaka , but I can't remember the year .

1991- Devon Nelson @ 103 was a runner up and Mike Lehman @ 112 was a champion

Yeah, my best friend wrestled Lehman in the finals that year, and he wore an all black singlet.

Good vs. Evil?

Warrendad-

I did not say I disagreed with it nor the kid or family of the kid. I understand they agree with it. I said "IN A WORLD" where not a lot of ppl agree on that it showed "COMMITMENT" to a cause. I was givingthem praise for NOT CARING what other ppl think.

samaj-

That was the basis of my post. I was hinting at that EI SPORTS does an excellent job with singlets. Anyone interested should give old coach schaef a holler. "My compliments to the chef....."

I think in the individual state finals, you should not wear a singlet with your school on it, but rather make your own and put your own name on it, because of course its not about the team. GEEEEZZ

You don't do that for a few reasons 1. who did you work with all year to get to that point and it's disrespectful to your school

you should keep the school,  name things been done to death now since the cavemen used it on there singlets, we borrowed from OSU i believe now tons of people do it. but pride is still there regardless didn't know i had to wear a piece of  Lycra with an M on it to show pride....

Wildcat,

At the risk of receiving many boo's, I for one enjoy the sarcasm.  Funny yet insightful while keeping people honest.  Keep it coming.

Fabio,

Refresh my memory, didn't you say it was all about the individual and now you post that you should keep the school?

As for staying on topic, I'm still a fan of the traditional EMD singlet.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.