who didn't make it to the show

monkeywrestler

There was quite a few from Ft.Wayne that that qualified or placed last year that didn't make it out ! Besides Sheets and Baker ! Richards from Busco, Barroquillo from Pairie Heights, Schendel from Garrett, and Lantz from Fairfeild ! There might be more, bottom line is it seemed the using four seeds of regionals seemed to have a effect ! Still I liked it better this way than with the first round byes. It probably had no effect, but it seemed that way.

Brett Durphey, Shelbyville. 160 lb, Qualifier last year. 23-0 midway through the season injured his ankle and never really recovered. Ended up 29-3, lost in the round to go. In his 4 yrs he only had one full season without a major injury keeping him off the mat. That year he made it to state. Also 3 yr starting varsity LB, all state senior year. 3 yr varsity high and low hurdler. Academic all state honorable mention this year for wrestling, NHS and just all around good kid.

Cody Stewart from Rushville went last year - If there were wrestlebacks in Semi - probably would have gone again this year.  (Fodder for the other post.)

I think I did see McCarthy (MV) at Semi-State.  So... there's another one that didn't make it back this year.  But then again - I think he was in the dreaded 119 pound weight class.

thats got to hurt. have any of you know joey surack from kokomo. he is a fourth time semi-state qualifier and could never make it out. that would suck.

joey deserved to move on he got a real bad draw this year (beavans) in the second round and it was closer than what the score showes it was 2-2 at the end of three, when he lost he showed great class he walked off with his head up and made sure he patted beavans on the back im a wabash fan but joey sure gets my respect

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.