NFL Combine This Weekend

Indyfan

Just a heads up to everyone making it down this weekend that this week/weekend (Feb 18-24) is also the NFL Combine at Lucas Oil Stadium. Be prepared to have some waits at restaurants and just an overall busy weekend downtown. And of course, keep a look out for some soon-to-be NFL stars. If you choose to go to one of the nicer restaurants downtown for dinner you can almost be certain you will run into some NFL big wigs and coaches.

If you happen to see Jerry Jones' Cowboys bus parked downtown...just do what seems natural.

Safe travels for everyone making their way in this weekend and enjoy Indy.

If you happen to see Jerry Jones' Cowboys bus parked downtown...just do what seems natural.

Safe travels for everyone making their way in this weekend and enjoy Indy.

what, like pee on the tire?

If that is what comes natural, by all means...

A few years ago after the finals I was in Chammps at the Mariott rehydrating after a long two days of officiating. I spotted Roosevelt Brown, who was then a scout for the Giants. Mr. Brown was a Hall of Fame offensive tackle for the Giants in the 50's and 60's. Some old timers say he was the best ever to play his position. I asked him if was Rosie Brown and he seemed impressed that someone who couldn't have been more than 5 or 6 years old when he played his last game recognized him. He asked me why I was in town and I explained I had just worked the State Finals. He told me he wrestled at Morgan State. He also said he liked football players with a wrestling background because they understood position and they seemed to pick up the finer points of technique easier than most other players.

Not a bad endorsement for wrestling from a Hall of Fame tackle.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.