The Best with the Legs

ontherise219

If you can ride legs pretty well as a high School kid you will get pretty far in the State Tourny. With that Said Alex Surma from Munster is a monster on top with the legs. The guy rips people arms off. He has done it all year at 140, 145, 152. It is nuts. I'm not trying to give away Info on Surma but if you don't choose down against him he'll Choose top. He is one of the best I have seen with the legs at the High School Level. Who do you think is the best?

Surma is very solid with the legs he is never going to be out of a match with that kind of a weapon. Looked like he was about to get a turn on Sandefur, but move went potentially dangerous. Paul Petrov , although he is only a freshman he rides the legs very well. He'll be one to watch, especially when he grows into his weight class.

Derek Moore, UC Davis, 2007 National Champ at 141. Tech'd Ryan Lang in the finals of the NCAA's.

Mitch Clark, Ohio State, National Champ. Tech'd Greg Jones in the 1st period of the finals riding legs.

High School:

Fred Joseph, Portage, 2x state champ @ 152. Tough leg rider.

Surma is very solid with the legs he is never going to be out of a match with that kind of a weapon. Looked like he was about to get a turn on Sandefur, but move went potentially dangerous. Paul Petrov , although he is only a freshman he rides the legs very well. He'll be one to watch, especially when he grows into his weight class.

I agree with both comments, Surma is the best I've seen in HS and Paul would be a high state placer if we still had a 98 lb class.  Brooks and Petrov will be at Conseco next year for sure.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.