Most exciting match at Merrillville semi-state

AC Slater

Correct me if  I am wrong; you got 6 minutes to wrestle....hmmm! I am a big fan of Hall, but he got what he deserves. He get's a lead and wants to stop wrestling for 4-5 minutes. Although it was at the buzzard; he was stalling that whole period. We all remember how tough Andrew Howe was, he would be up by 10 points with 5 seconds left and still score a takedown. Hopefully Hall has learned his lesson and I will be cheering for him to meet Sanderfur in the final 4. Best of luck to all of the wrestlers who have made it to state.

thats what i mean your there to wrestle and thats a good example!!!

From DelphiHwt

I agree 100%  a ref should not decide the outcome but when you have 1 kid doing all the off. and going at the other kid you have to enforce the rules I agree 2 in :30 sec. is bad but he should have called it earlier and it wasnt like the match was over and he gave him the point to win it they went into OT and decided it on the mat!

Hmmmmm... If you are indeed the Delphi HWT, you appeared to be somewhat of an expert on stalling yourself in that last match. Not one attempt at a takedown in six minutes  ;D

Pretty sure the last point Hall was penalized for was fleeing.

yes the last point was for fleeing

why wouldnt you hit him for stalling that is all he did he never impressed me all day

No... the last point was also for stalling, not fleeing (I had a pretty good source confirm that one for me)  ;)

From DelphiHwt

I agree 100%  a ref should not decide the outcome but when you have 1 kid doing all the off. and going at the other kid you have to enforce the rules I agree 2 in :30 sec. is bad but he should have called it earlier and it wasnt like the match was over and he gave him the point to win it they went into OT and decided it on the mat!

Hmmmmm... If you are indeed the Delphi HWT, you appeared to be somewhat of an expert on stalling yourself in that last match. Not one attempt at a takedown in six minutes  ;D

how many heavyweight matches have you seen where a guy has attempted a takedown, most heavyweight matches that i have seen each guy is trying to get position wether it be an over under or double unders or whatever it may be.  And when you get 2 heavyweights that evenlymatched you are not going to see a lot of take down attempts due to not being able to get in great position, and you cannot afford just to attempt a crappy one and lose the match on stupidity.  I can tell you one thing they sure werent going to try and shoot.  And if you are from john glenn i would like to know where Fitzgerald attempted a take down besides that shuck at the beginning of the match?

I thought Hall got called for fleeing the mat but if it was a stalling call it should of been called earlier in the match.  The kid had him in a single,  and I don't think you can really stall when a kid has your leg hiked up in the air.

From DelphiHwt

how many heavyweight matches have you seen where a guy has attempted a takedown, most heavyweight matches that i have seen each guy is trying to get position wether it be an over under or double unders or whatever it may be.  And when you get 2 heavyweights that evenlymatched you are not going to see a lot of take down attempts due to not being able to get in great position, and you cannot afford just to attempt a crappy one and lose the match on stupidity.  I can tell you one thing they sure werent going to try and shoot.  And if you are from john glenn i would like to know where Fitzgerald attempted a take down besides that shuck at the beginning of the match?

I DONT KNOW IF YOU WATCHED THE  HWT BETWEEN NOTRH NEWTON AND MISHAWAKA OR NOT BUT N.N. GUY TRIED ALOT TO TAKE DOWN BUT THE MISHAWAKA GUY JUST BLOCKED(AKA STALLED)THE ONLY REASON WHY HE GOT POINTS WAS N.N. WAS SHOOTING THE LEGS AND EVERYTHING HE COULD TO GET THE GUY DOWN.MISHAWAKA GUY WOULD EVEN DRAG BUTT TO GET IN THE CENTER OF THE RING FOR RESTARTS....

I thought Hall got called for fleeing the mat but if it was a stalling call it should of been called earlier in the match.  The kid had him in a single,  and I don't think you can really stall when a kid has your leg hiked up in the air.

Sure you have to let him take you down then work hard for the escape ;)

From DelphiHwt

First of all I am not the current Delphi HWT I have been out of school for 7 yrs anyway there was not a whole lot of off in that match at all but at least Wes was trying his under and over hooks instead of backing up and blocking the entire time!!!! not saying Wes was doing all he could but those 2 were very evenly matched and when your a HWT and evenly matched alot of times it is the first 1 to make a mistake and the 1 that lands on top wins so they were both wrestling defensively!!!!

To get the story correct about Hall- he was hit with a fleeing call. Sorry Mr. Barnett- since I was on the mat and discuss the call with the official I would have first hand knowledge of the situation.  The Delphi kid hit a slide by and had Trace's head caught up high. Trace tried to turn out of it and the official in charge said to me that in his eyes Trace was walking off the mat.  A tough call, but the one the official made. The takedown in overtime by the Delphi kid was a solid shot, and Trace was unable to counter.  Credit to both wrestlers for qualifying for state (Trace's third time!!).

i dont think them refs there know what stalling was,i have watched a video twice now and watched a hwt match were the Mishawaka kid tried "ONE MOVE" all 3 periods and got a win do to stalling and blocking moves.I dont think that was wrestling.It was like that all day out there.

who was the mish kid wrestling?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.