Most exciting match at Merrillville semi-state

AC Slater

Trace did look like he had a rough day. But i=on the other hand I don't think a ref should decide the out come of a match 2 penalty pts in the final :30 thats rough.

I agree 100%  a ref should not decide the outcome but when you have 1 kid doing all the off. and going at the other kid you have to enforce the rules I agree 2 in :30 sec. is bad but he should have called it earlier and it wasnt like the match was over and he gave him the point to win it they went into OT and decided it on the mat!

i think danny bradley on knox really surprised a lot of people saturday.

i think he woulda beaten Brooks if he was stronger

cuz Brooks just threw in that crossface and put him on his back

but idk how Bradley will hold up the other 7 STUDS at this weight

i think danny bradley on knox really surprised a lot of people saturday.

i think he woulda beaten Brooks if he was stronger

cuz Brooks just threw in that crossface and put him on his back

but idk how Bradley will hold up the other 7 STUDS at this weight

I am not sure how much stronger he can get because he looked pretty strong to me.  Match was closer than I anticipated.  I really did think Brooks would bring out the whipping stick against him.  Bradley is a tough kid but will not hold up to the other 7 STUDS.

Hands down I think Berry-Hudson ticket round was the most exciting all day start to finish.  Roach-Dillon's final 30 seconds and OT were exciting.

I am going to have to go with Lynde the freshman beating Hall the state placer in the semi's

Did they hit Hall for 2 stall pts. in under 30 seconds. Lynde wrestled great Sat. he beat a tough Daruis Richmond from Merrillville in a great Match too

Hall was up 3-2 in the final seconds and went out of bounds when the buzzard went off and they hit him with a one point stalling call, then Hall and Lynde went in OT and Lynde took him down.

Tough draw for lil brooks he was probably the third best wrestler at 103. I believe his only two losses this year came from Stevens and ayersman

I thought I seen Aurelio Medina (Munster) posted up on that 3rd place spot of the podium last night?

Pretty sure the last point Hall was penalized for was fleeing.

yes the last point was for fleeing

why wouldnt you hit him for stalling that is all he did he never impressed me all day

i dont think them refs there know what stalling was,i have watched a video twice now and watched a hwt match were the Mishawaka kid tried "ONE MOVE" all 3 periods and got a win do to stalling and blocking moves.I dont think that was wrestling.It was like that all day out there.

Correct me if  I am wrong; you got 6 minutes to wrestle....hmmm! I am a big fan of Hall, but he got what he deserves. He get's a lead and wants to stop wrestling for 4-5 minutes. Although it was at the buzzered; he was stalling that whole period. We all remember how tough Andrew Howe was, he would be up by 10 points with 5 seconds left and still score a takedown. Hopefully Hall has learned his lesson and I will be cheering for him to meet Sanderfur in the final 4. Best of luck to all of the wrestlers who have made it to state.

Correct me if  I am wrong; you got 6 minutes to wrestle....hmmm! I am a big fan of Hall, but he got what he deserves. He get's a lead and wants to stop wrestling for 4-5 minutes. Although it was at the buzzard; he was stalling that whole period. We all remember how tough Andrew Howe was, he would be up by 10 points with 5 seconds left and still score a takedown. Hopefully Hall has learned his lesson and I will be cheering for him to meet Sanderfur in the final 4. Best of luck to all of the wrestlers who have made it to state.

I thought a buzzard was bird. ::)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.