Porras over Harper

ThatOneFan

he is not wrestling healthy. see the articles of interest, there is a good piece on harper from the South Bend Tribune. although Harp is injured it is not an excuse. personal opinion, he may be saving all the strength he has for these next two big weekends where he has shown the most in his previous 3 years.

great match and i was cheering for Porras,  but i didn't like hearing the chant stalling.  Harper has stalled in the past but in my opinion he was not stalling there.  I'm sure he wasn't trying to lose.  Porras did a great job at riding him and stopping harpers first move. 

great match and i was cheering for Porras,  but i didn't like hearing the chant stalling.  Harper has stalled in the past but in my opinion he was not stalling there.  I'm sure he wasn't trying to lose.  Porras did a great job at riding him and stopping harpers first move. 

thats funny cause last year it was exactly the other way around people were chanting stalling in porras's favor i remember the ville was in an uproar i couldnt make it tonight but it sounded like a good match hats off to both wrestlers its just wierd how now the shows on the other foot

thats funny cause last year it was exactly the other way around people were chanting stalling in porras's favor i remember the ville was in an uproar i couldnt make it tonight but it sounded like a good match hats off to both wrestlers its just wierd how now the shows on the other foot

they were chanting stalling on harper again but I think porras was just doing a good job riding him

Yes, you are right. Harper has won a lot of matches/state championships by many close margins. IF he does want to be a 4x state champ, he better pick it up a FEW notches next weekend.

You are correct HiC, Harper has won a lot of matches/ State Championships, by close margins (3 if memory serves.)  Better pick it up a FEW notches???  (no offense, and I am not one to interject here, but unless you are in the multi-state region of winning 3/maybe 4 State Championships, I would not be giving advice on how to win 4 State Titles!) 

Josh is a good kid, and great wrestler.  Too bad his close margins include a 4-2 win over Camden Eppert, a 7-4 win over Cashe, a pin over Cashe, a 4-2 win over March, a 3-2 win over Porras, etc, etc, etc, etc.  And now he has lost a few "close matches."  Please get off of the "close win" discussion.  No excuses here from a Caveman, but this argument was started before this season even started.  Josh won a "few" matches over the last 4 years, 2-1 or 20-5, is still a V. 

4-2 Porras was close to scoring another takedown at the end. As for the stalling or non stalling calls harper got hit once for stalling Porras was tough on top but for the most part harper's head was on the mat. You are not going to be able to get out like that. I think he could have been called again but then again they were not to many stall calls all day.

Hey Oddsmaker. This match was not a "close match". Harper did nothing. He was dominated!!  He better pick it up more than "a few notches" if he expects to beat porras.  I agree with hic42 , joker, and thatonefan.  Score shhould of been 7-2.  And I don't need to be a 3 timer going on 4 to tell that harper needs to step it up a lot. 

I thought it was odd for people to call for stalling when the other wrestler never came off the hips.. I know his style of wrestling isn't liked but heck ... you have a guy tying up a double wrist ride and covering your hips with no attempt to turn that is just as much stalling as is the guy with his head on the mat.  I kept hearing how the kid is injured and is still wrestling.  That to me is heart.  Watching him throughout the day, I feel real bad for him because it was my perception that he is a quiet, and to himself type young man.

Good luck to Him

Tim Spray

According to the Tribune, Harper is wrestling through an injury most people would not be able to... that shows the toughness of the kid. So anyone who wants to critique a 3 time state champ who is going for 4 on a shoulder that would have most people out for the season needs to check themselves at the door and make sure they have won a couple in their day.

That being said, congrats to Porras, he won fair and square, and you can only beat the person who faces you on the mat whether they are injured or not.

According to the Tribune, Harper is wrestling through an injury most people would not be able to... that shows the toughness of the kid. So anyone who wants to critique a 3 time state champ who is going for 4 on a shoulder that would have most people out for the season needs to check themselves at the door and make sure they have won a couple in their day.

That being said, congrats to Porras, he won fair and square, and you can only beat the person who faces you on the mat whether they are injured or not.

I agree. Harper shows a lot of heart wrestling through the injury. And that's not taking anything away from Porras, because he was utterly fantastic. That said, I just had the feeling that somehow the three timer was gonna find a way to pull it out, but it just didn't happen. Maybe he's saving himself for the next two weekends, the wiley veteran that he is?

posted by: pin2win1: According to the Tribune, Harper is wrestling through an injury most people would not be able to... that shows the toughness of the kid. So anyone who wants to critique a 3 time state champ who is going for 4 on a shoulder that would have most people out for the season needs to check themselves at the door and make sure they have won a couple in their day.

Posted by: tspray1

Insert Quote

I thought it was odd for people to call for stalling when the other wrestler never came off the hips.. I know his style of wrestling isn't liked but heck ... you have a guy tying up a double wrist ride and covering your hips with no attempt to turn that is just as much stalling as is the guy with his head on the mat.  I kept hearing how the kid is injured and is still wrestling.  That to me is heart.  Watching him throughout the day, I feel real bad for him because it was my perception that he is a quiet, and to himself type young man.

Good luck to Him

Tim Spray

Excuses, Excuses.

Wow JimmyPock, learn reading some comprehension. Never said in there that Porras won because Harper was hurt. All I was saying that when people are saying Harper needs to step it up and critiquing him they really need to think long and hard and make sure they have the right to do so. Porras won, would he have won if Harper was 100 percent healthy? Who knows. The fact of the matter is Porras won, that is all there is to it.

There is a huge different in stating a fact and making an excuese. Fact, Harper is hurt, that can not be disputed. An excuse would be, Harper only lost because he is hurt and I am positive that I did not say that and I am sure that tspray1 was not making an excuse.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.