4th placers in semi-state.

D-train

It waters down semi-state.  We don't know who the "true" semi-state champions are with all the losers from regional now participating :)

The "true" regional champions should be the only ones going for a "true" semi-state championship.

What if the regional runnerup was from a small school?  Would you let them go on then?

It waters down semi-state.  We don't know who the "true" semi-state champions are with all the losers from regional now participating :)

The "true" regional champions should be the only ones going for a "true" semi-state championship.

if what u call a loser beats what u call a true ss champion then id say he wasnt so true was he y2 i like most stuff u put on this site and u put a lot of time in this site but i thing if we had it your way indiana hs wrestling would really suffer! and the way you call these wrestlers losers is offensive.and if you look there were several so called losers moveing on.i think u need to check yourself and respect all these  kids for there deadication and there want to be the best they can be

That just really doesn't translate to well in text form.  Y2 needs to have a special obvious sarcasm symbol that can be used to indicate such things.  As much as he's been using sarcasm lately it may be helpful.  I offer up this sign for example

sarcasm_1.jpg

Y2...what are you talking about "true" champions?

I know for a fact there are two 4th place finishers at Regional that are moving on to state and beat some good wrestlers in semi-state to advance.

Not sure what your problem is or what you are talking about but if you would, clarify this for me and quit makin' these guys that make it to state feel like crap and worthless wrestlers because they don't fall under your belief system.

I agree with FalconCoach... Keep up the sloppy work Joe Caprino

I could show you some sloppy work when I expose you and all your aliases couldn't I? :)

It seems everyone in Indiana is so concerned with finding a "true" champion and not watering down the state finals with the non-true champions that it is amazing that people wanted an extra person at semi-state.  It baffles me to see this especially when I looked around the Coliseum on Saturday and saw how packed the place was for the first two rounds.  Giving more exposure to 56 kids(224 statewide) increased the attendance numbers at Fort Wayne.  Adding exposure to the sport at its higher levels is great for the sport.  I am sure there were numerous people who went to the Coliseum for the first time for a wrestling event and many got to experience the second best round in the state, the ticket round.  I wouldn't be surprised if some of those first-timers become regulars to see the pain, agony, excitement and joy that the ticket-round is. 

I like the adding of the 4th place finisher, but I get confused when the same people that do not want class wrestling because it waters down the sport say that adding a 4th place finisher from regional doesn't water semi-state down.  My only complaint would be to add 2-4 mats at least for the first round.  The first round took, 3.5 hours, which is way too long. 

I agree with FalconCoach... Keep up the sloppy work Joe Caprino

I like the adding of the 4th place finisher, but I get confused when the same people that do not want class wrestling because it waters down the sport say that adding a 4th place finisher from regional doesn't water semi-state down.   

Becuz adding a 4th place finisher from regional DOESNT water semi state down and class wrestling does.

ill admit, yes, it is a bit easier to make it to semi state, but this arguement proves itself when you have some # 4's qualifying for state

if anything, it makes semi state a bit tougher from some other wrestlers  :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.