Who is the best coach in the State?

WMC0809

I dont only mean that he knows who to wrestle and coach, but have some of the following attributes:

1. shows kids good behavior

2. keeps kids in line

3. knows what he is talking about on the mat (also)

4. follows all the state rules and regulations

I would say in Southern indiana are we are blessed to have several coaches that fit this bill.  I would say one on the list would be T. Howard Jones at Jennings Co.  Tony Brawner at Southwestern has been around for a long time and always has classy kids.  We have alot of younger coaches in this area and I would say in a few more years you could add their name to that list as well.

Sorry Bentz your just to good for me to give you any more props hahahaha

Coach Steve Balash of Hobart is a member of the hall of fame, has over 200 dual meet wins, teaches kids how to be model citizens as he is a model citizen himself. He follows the rules to there fullest extent in all situations, and has also produced multiple state champions and collegiate wrestlers. He definately wins my vote for best coach in the state.

One of the best programs in the state is Mishawakas, which in that case I would go with Darrick Snyder.

Just because you have one of the best programs does not necessarily mean that coach is one of the best.  I dont know Griffith's coach at all so this is no knock on him, but like when Alex, Angel and all of them were there since that program was good doesnt mean he was a great coach.  Like i said that is not a knock on that coach that was just an example (as i could not have thought of a more clear example)

Sexy rexy Peckinpaugh. hands down.

They said "Best" coach... not "Best looking" coach :o

Of course, because everyone knows the best looking coaches all coach at Beech Grove :D

Diesel- quit hyping yourself.

-Matt S

I'm sure his name has been mentioned somewhere on here but David Maldonado from Merrillville in my opinion is one of the best coaches in the state.

This is who came to my mind when I seen this topic. He always seems to  "coach em up" and get the best out of his kids when he needs it.

Just because you have one of the best programs does not necessarily mean that coach is one of the best.  I dont know Griffith's coach at all so this is no knock on him, but like when Alex, Angel and all of them were there since that program was good doesnt mean he was a great coach.  Like i said that is not a knock on that coach that was just an example (as i could not have thought of a more clear example)

The only difference between the griffith and mishawaka comparison is that Snyder has had one of the best programs since he has been coaching at Mishawaka, not just for a couple years.

Coach ( Ronnie ) Kempf is unbelievable from Evansville Reitz. You will never find a spot of blood on the mat after a blood time. ;D  His technique on the cleanup is second to none. He even does the puke.  ::) This guy would make a great maid for someone some day. :o

I have worked with coaches all over IN and around the county.  I agree with all of the names mentioned so far.  I want to emphasize the part about giving their life to wrestling.  I am not saying that it is necessary but, the names of this list have created a support system (wife, family, parents, adminstrators...) that allows them to focus a large part of their life on wrestling while preventing burnout. 

I would like to add Chris Cooper of Columbus East and both Coach Reed & his assitant Brian Rust at Plymouth.  They have consistently produced winning programs and outstanding people.  Although, I don't know why, but something changes when they make them pay to get in the door as spectators!  When they are wearing a uniform they have exceptional sportsmanship and skills  :o

Faurote of Bellmont has to get some recognition. 20 years at Belmont and it has been one of the most consistant programs in the State. You never see him losing his cool with his wrestlers or the refs. Quality coach and a quality program.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.