team state

tyandky

Does anybody body else see a problem with the team state bracket?  Why do we have the number #1, #3, & #4 team on one side on the bracket?  I know they did this up before and all, but I don't think this makes sense.  Shouldn't it be a seeded tournament?  At least for the last 8 teams.  I am interested in what other people think about this bracketting.

It has lead to some anti-climatic finals, but it has also lead to some phenomenal semi-finals.  Who else was there to watch Portage knock Mater Dei off and then watch the two fantastic matches between LN/Portage and Columbia City/Perry Meridian?  That round was worth the price of admission in itself!

We at Perry Meridian feel very fortunate to have made it to the team state for an 8th time. We have been the beneficiary of a favorable draw in the past (2204), but we have also had more than our share of tough draws.

2000 - Mater Dei (eventual champ) 1st round

2002 - Portage, then Mishawaka, then Mater Dei in the finals

2003 - Mater Dei (eventual champ) 1st round

2004 - Mishawaka, Columbia City, then Lawrence North in the finals

2006 - Bellmont - lost on 6th criteria

2007 - Mater Dei (eventual champ) 1st round - lost 25-23

2008 - Mishawaka (eventual champ) 1st round - lost 29-24

2009 - Bellmont - ???

We have wrestled the champ in 6 of the 7 trips we have made with 4 of those being in the 1st round. You just have to take the draw for what it is and try to make the best of it.

It has lead to some anti-climatic finals, but it has also lead to some phenomenal semi-finals.  Who else was there to watch Portage knock Mater Dei off and then watch the two fantastic matches between LN/Portage and Columbia City/Perry Meridian?  That round was worth the price of admission in itself!

I was there and on the bad end of the deal, unfortunatly :-[

I guess I understand!  If you are the champ, then you will be the champ.  But it certainly doesn't do a great job with who is really 2nd place, 3rd place, and so.  Also, I'd like to see an awesome match in the finals.  How does this format get us there.  We would never do individual state as blind draw!

I dont believe there will be any anti-climatic finals match at team state. I think the bottom bracket has plenty of firepower and will provide a good match for whatever team survives the top bracket.

I sure would like to see a Marion County finals and I believe it could be Cathedral --Perry with any luck and you know those Irish they do get lucky sometimes. ;D

Cathedral is capable of beating anyone in the state at any moment they are stacked this year.  As well as Crown Point.  So I wouldn't bet money that its an all Marion County Finals.  Best guess I can make and they are gonna be shockers are Cathedral over Castle, I think Castle is gonna ride their high all the way to the finals so long as they don't have to wrestle Mishawaka and Cathedral does.

Mishawaka has already beaten CP once.  If CP is going to win they will have to score some MAJOR bonus points with their studs and pull of an upset or two.  Mishawaka is tough and I can't see anyone hanging with them this year.

in all fairness... remember Mishawaka also forfeited 103 that weekend when they wrestled PM, plus they did not have Reinheol, and I am not sure but they may not of had their 171.... either way Misahwaka's team will be much tougher at team state than they were at Bellmont.

now that being said, i personally think that the championship match will take place in the first round with Cathedral vs Mishawaka. But my opinion and 50 cents might buy ya a can of coke if you can find an old pop machine.

I don't see anyone beating CP.

112: #1 Hawkins

125: #2 Tsirtsis

135: #1 Roach

160: #2 Myers

189: #1 Shrewsberry

Can anyone put up 5 potential state finalists?

Cp is stacked but I wouldn't be suprised if there success doesnt come to the other weight classes.  Those five are expected to at least get three for the team if not more, but the others on the team need to do there job and either win or go the full 6 minutes.

Posted on: Today at 07:32:24 PMPosted by: pin2win1

in all fairness... remember Mishawaka also forfeited 103 that weekend when they wrestled PM, plus they did not have Reinheol, and I am not sure but they may not of had their 171.... either way Misahwaka's team will be much tougher at team state than they were at Bellmont.

pin2wind1 - Good points, I just remember it was close until the end (Harper getting pinned, probably won't happen again either)

Has Belmont and PM wrestled this year? If so are the results posted?

Perry Merridian  37   Bellmont  24

215  Baker dec. Shafer  3-0

Hwt  Meyer pin Shafer  ;23

103  Mckinley  PM pin Adams  2:34

112  Melcher  dec  Clem OT  8-6

119  Faurote  dec Simmons  4-3

125  Hormann dec.  Johnson 7-2

130  Cook PM pin Reidenbach 1:02

135  Goodwill PM pin Busse :16

140  Tonte PM Pin Wetzel  :43

145  Tassef PM pin Hankenson 4

152  Baker dec Wood 3-1

160  Hudgins PM dec. Mahlan 10-0

171 Robinson PM dec Melcher  6-2

189  Thatcher dec Richards 5-3

Mishawaka has already beaten CP once.  If CP is going to win they will have to score some MAJOR bonus points with their studs and pull of an upset or two.  Mishawaka is tough and I can't see anyone hanging with them this year.

I agree with you that CP has an uphill battle to beat the cavemen, but Cathedral, CP, or PM can all hang with if not beat Mishawaka.  No disrespect to the other four teams, but I feel the title will be decided amongst these four. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.