Congrats Crown Point Bulldogs!

vmikeydet20

I am fine. Great job Bulldogs! Each and every one of you should be proud. Cameron, be proud of that win against Stevens. Everyone in that gym knows that you won.

Congrats to the bulldogs, but sorry Clive, this is one person in the gym that saw Stevens WIN the match in the final seconds. Obviously the refs didn't feel his back was exposed long enough to award any points. This isn't freestyle, rolling through does not get back points. It was a very good match though.

here here, congrats to all bulldogs wrestlers. and coach let the kids determine the outcome of the match, not your constant whinning to the refs its very unprofessional, your kids are good enough to get it done.

Sour grapes? I hope not. I was not at the match, so I don't know what you're referring to, but I will say that from the matches I have seen in the past both teams' coaches were animated and working the refs. There's nothing wrong with that. They're just doing their job. Good luck to Merrillville the rest of the way.

Trust me, nobody was whining louder than the Merrillville fans.  Anybody that doesn't think that Stevens gave up back points, doesn't know a lick about wrestling.  It was THAT obvious that he was on his back.  Halsted got screwed - plain and simple.  Good job Bulldogs!  Make us proud at Center Grove.

First of all, sometimes you get some calls and sometims you don't.  It happens at every meet.  Yeah there may have been back points rewarded, but the same could be said for a pin not called.  This is the most anticipated match up year in and year out and I really enjoy it everytime.  I talked to coach Hawk beofer the match and both of us felt that this type of rivarly really makes the region look good.  Merrillville, Portage, and Crown Point battling it out in the same regional makes for a better show, and anyone of these teams could make noise down at team state.  Crown Point just has too many horses this year, and it showed.  Merrillville wasn't too far, and Portage is still growing.  The region is in for some great wrestling for years to come.  I just wanted to say congrats to the Bulldogs, and good luck downstate.

What is the name of that move that M'Ville uses on top that looks like a choke hold.  I think at least a few CP kids were ready to tap out and one did.  I assume it's legal but don't have a name for it.

Oh, I almost forgot.  Congrats CP and good luck at state; you will represent the region well.

As a fan who's team wasn't there I enjoyed the evening of wrestling. The C.P. coaching staff is something to watch. Weather you agree with their tactics or not they do stick up for their team and are not shy about working the officials to get things favorable in their direction as much as they can. I would also like to say that in my humble opinion they have the most skilled wrestlers as a team then any other team I have seen this year. If I'm correct they have 4 guys with perfect records and the remainder of the team ins't bad either. I look for them to either take the team title or be awful darn close.

Trust me, nobody was whining louder than the Merrillville fans.  Anybody that doesn't think that Stevens gave up back points, doesn't know a lick about wrestling.  It was THAT obvious that he was on his back.  Halsted got screwed - plain and simple.  Good job Bulldogs!  Make us proud at Center Grove.

Having your back exposed, and having your back exposed for at least a two count are totally different. I didn't see the ref count at all. Maybe Hasted will get another shot at Zac in semi-state.

Congrats Bulldogs and Coach Vlink on finally getting over the hump.  I wish I was there to see it M'ville and CP is always the most exciting match of the season.  Also, great job keeping focused and defeating Portage.

Congratulations and Thank you to Coach Vlink and the rest of the staff.  The kids on the team looked great last night.  It was a great effort.  Also, I wanted to give some thanks and congratulations to Bill Hawkins as well.  He brought a bunch of these kids up through the ranks in middle school and in the off-season.

Congratulations and Thank you to Coach Vlink and the rest of the staff.  The kids on the team looked great last night.  It was a great effort.  Also, I wanted to give some thanks and congratulations to Bill Hawkins as well.  He brought a bunch of these kids up through the ranks in middle school and in the off-season.

I second that Nice Job Bill Hawkins

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.