Bellmont vs Yorktown Lineup

beachbum21

Whats up now AJ!!! Bellmont wins!!!

Congrats to Bellmont.  They wrestled outstanding tonight.  Yes, I truly thought that this was the year that Bellmont would fall in the regional. 

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

KoKo  --  I agree with you regarding the announcer.  I live in Adams County and listen to WZBD (92.7) anytime that Bellmont/AC has a big match.  Sexy Rexy (Rex Brewer), the announcer, needs to go.  Although I wrestled for AC the same time as the Kintz boys wrestled, I think they did a much better job of commentating.  They were also entertaining.  With Rex, you know what you are going to get every match - He should do this.....  In football he kicked some butt.... This kid's dad was great and his boy is on his way.....  with throwing in the occasional stupid biased remarks.  Listening to the Schulz/Melcher match (dual and sectional final), I almost became ill.  You just had to hear it to appreciate my disgust for the announcer.  I just wish that I could have been the announcer when he was reffing several years ago.  I don't know how many people I have talked to that have made negative comments regarding the wrestling coverage.  

Rex stepped up to take the job when the Kintz brothers said that they didn't have the time to do it. Without Rex, you wouldn't be listening to wrestling on the radio at all in Adams County. I have literally seen him beg people to be his broadcast partner. With Kalver out of town now, Sean Faurote coaching at the middle school and John Sheets coaching at Tri-State, there is no one out there that will do it. I think Rex does a good job of being honest and giving his opinion. WZBD covers Bellmont wrestling, because Bellmont fans listen to the matches and businesses from Decatur sponsor the broadcast entirely. How could he not be biased and why does he need to be? I understand the argument with the AC match, but Rex is doing the entire state a huge favor by broadcasting these matches, and I don't think he deserves to have his reputation shot down on a message board by someone that will not post their name.

Sean Faurote did radio?  Mild mannered, quiet Sean?  I would love to hear some old tapes.  If you have any Sean, you have to send me a few!  ;D

The announcing was biased, but it was the Bellmont radio station.  Home anouncers are suppose to be bias.  I did think he was going to have a stroke when Busse pinned Castner.  He went N-U-T-S!  It was a classic call.

Rex did a great job broadcasting the South Adams vs Adams Central match earlier this season......from what I heard of it.  He could use a partner, I agree....there is no one in our area who wants to step up and help out the poor guy!

You should Brandon,you are an encyclopedia of knowledge!

Second I would like to give props to Yorktown coaches!

Whoever cuts down a coach who has been a positive role model, not only for Muncie area wrestlers, but for all Indiana wrestlers  might not know the coaches at all. When my oldest son wrestled for Team Indiana in the mid/late 90's hosted by Yorktown, they (not only coach McCormick & Dulaney), but every Team Indiana coach treated every young man as their own without hesitation. Coach McCormick, Dulaney, Tonte or any other coach in this great State give endless hours to our kids every year.

When I sat down in the bleachers last night the first coach that caught my eye was coach Dulaney, and he motioned to me , "Good luck tonight", and I motioned to him the same. Win, lose or draw I would have walked out of that gym with the same feelings toward Troy Dulaney. Good Coach, Good Father, Great Motivator, PERIOD.

Troy,

Good Luck to Jordan, as long as he is not wrestling Ryley, I know who I am pulling for!

Jeff Sheets

First... Congrats to Bellmont and Yorktown for an awesome match last night!

Second I did not hear the 171lbs. name from Yorktown last night, but I assume that it wasn't Brennon Burke.

Does anyone have any information on why Burke didn't wrestle last night?

From what I understand Burke hurt his knee is practice the day before Regionals.  I think he is scheduled for surgery today or tomorrow.  

Classy email from Sheets.  Dulaney is like a lot of coaches, if you is for you, you love him; if he is against you, you hate him.  While Troy is loud and animated, you will not find a better motivator.  Every word out of his mouth is positive, always picking the kids up.  And always respectful of the others team's kids and coaches.  Unbelievable match last night.  Bellmont gambled by bumping some weights and it paid off.  Nice move.  

Nice post Jeff Sheets!  Your post was not only appropriate and correct in every way but also a testament to the class and image that has always been portrayed by the Bellmont Wrestling program.  The conduct of your coaches and kids and the support of your parents reflects the pride that is in your community that drives this program down state year in and year out.  Congratulations!

That being said, I have to be honest and really thought that Yorktown was going to punch their ticket this year.  In this sport, little things can become big things very quickly....ie sorry to hear about the Burke boy....from experience, any injury to a young man at this age is unfortunate.  Best wishes on the outcome.

I also think it is unfortunate that any coach in this sport that we all claim to love would be subject to the criticism that has been portrayed here.  The style and passion that a coach portrays can be very personal.  No two coaches are really alike, they all have different styles and portray them in different ways.  My son has had the priveledge of working with many coaches over the years, all great coaches with different styles.....but when it comes to getting the best out of my son, Troy Dulaney is certainly one of the best.  When you are one of Troy's kids, whether it be Team Indiana Schoolboy, Prime Time Camp etc.....you are always one of Troy's kids.  Schoolboy days were many years ago, but he continues to coach my son and many others every chance he gets.  We have met and become friends with many good families through this sport over the years and consider it an honor and a priveledge to call the Dulaneys "good friends".

Best wishes to Coach Dulaney, Jordan and the Yorktown team on the rest of the season.  Rest assured they will be ready to go!!

Positively Promote the Sport!!

Steve Sandefer

Jeff always has nice posts!  All in all I thought the entire match, wrestlers, coaches and fans' actions were top notch!  I was only concerned that "The Hanger" was going to be standing room only and I wasn't going to get a seat...but Adams Central did an outstanding job hosting the new Team Regional format!  Of course AC always does a great job hosting any wrestling event! 

Jeff always has nice posts!  All in all I thought the entire match, wrestlers, coaches and fans' actions were top notch!  I was only concerned that "The Hanger" was going to be standing room only and I wasn't going to get a seat...but Adams Central did an outstanding job hosting the new Team Regional format!  Of course AC always does a great job hosting any wrestling event! 

I wish they still hosted the sectional.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.