Bellmont vs Yorktown Lineup

beachbum21

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats Bellmont.  Sounded like a great match.

To those that want to bad mouth Dulaney including the announcer on the radio you might get to know him as a coach and his coaching style before you decide he is obnoxious.  And to those that think he is a "dumb...", you might want to see him in the practice room.  He is one of the greatest motivators I have ever meet and has more knowledge about wrestling technique and the sport then 98% of the people in the entire state of Indiana.

Andrew Goul

Guest KoKo B-Ware

Congrats to Bellmont.

I had the score as 30-28..pretty close...but outstanding job by the 160 and 171 pounders.  Too bad for Yorktown, that's a long trip home.

Congrats Bellmont.  Sounded like a great match.

To those that want to bad mouth Dulaney including the announcer on the radio you might get to know him as a coach and his coaching style before you decide he is obnoxious.  And to those that think he is a "dumb...", you might want to see him in the practice room.  He is one of the greatest motivators I have ever meet and has more knowledge about wrestling technique and the sport then 98% of the people in the entire state of Indiana.

Andrew Goul

Their not questioning his motivating abilities or his knowledge of wrestling just the way they feel he acts.

Guest KoKo B-Ware

Hey Goul-Tool...I just stated what the announcer said.  

I can see why people don't like him.  I think he does motivate his team, I think he does coach well.  But sometimes things he yells isn't necessary.  Somethings he says is to build cockyness, but whatever works.  I don't know Troy or Trent, but I will say they create a very good team every year.  I would never judge someone, all I was doing was stating what the announcer said and letting people know that I can understand why some feel that way.

I understand where everyone is coming from and that they are opinions, but to call someone a "dumb.." is unnecessary  when you don't know the person.

Andrew Goul

P.S. Ko-ko do not make fun of me, you have no clue who I am and i have never said a thing about you.

You know Troy is like most of the other good Coaches in the state...if you are on his team you love him..if you are not he is easy to dislike. We have been on some of the state teams Troy coaches and he was great, and as Goul says, he really does know his stuff and loves the sport. You have to give respect for anyone that has spent alot of time promoting the sport and helping so many kids from so many different schools.

Guest KoKo B-Ware

Quit gettin' defensive about everything said on here.

I never would call Dulaney a Dumb..., I said I can see why people think he is.  I have heard a lot of people call him that and I don't agree by any means.  But he does a lot and says a lot that I can see where some people would have strong feelings...good or bad about him.

You wrestled at Yorktown when you were in school, so I know you have a bond with him.  I wasn't stating my feelings, I am on the fence.  There aren't many coaches that I say I don't like.  To do the job they do and know what they know and do what they do I respect all coaches.

Just relax and quit thinking that everyone is picking on you or your old team.  The announcer made a statement and I couldn't believe it and stated it on the board.

KoKo  --  I agree with you regarding the announcer.  I live in Adams County and listen to WZBD (92.7) anytime that Bellmont/AC has a big match.  Sexy Rexy (Rex Brewer), the announcer, needs to go.  Although I wrestled for AC the same time as the Kintz boys wrestled, I think they did a much better job of commentating.  They were also entertaining.  With Rex, you know what you are going to get every match - He should do this.....  In football he kicked some butt.... This kid's dad was great and his boy is on his way.....  with throwing in the occasional stupid biased remarks.  Listening to the Schulz/Melcher match (dual and sectional final), I almost became ill.  You just had to hear it to appreciate my disgust for the announcer.  I just wish that I could have been the announcer when he was reffing several years ago.  I don't know how many people I have talked to that have made negative comments regarding the wrestling coverage.  

Sorry, my last post should have been addressed to Andrew Goul. 

That was a great match.  I never view Bellmont as an underdog, unless they wrestle EMD or PM or Mish.  However, looking at the match up with Yorktown, I would have bet a lot of money, and lost, that Yorktown would have left Monroe victorious. 

Good luck Saturday Yorktown, and the next Saturday, and the next Friday & Saturday.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.