Bellmont vs Yorktown Lineup

beachbum21

Any thoughts on which lineup Yorktown will use?  Will it be their Individual tournament lineup or will it be the lineup they used most of the year in dual meets?  Depending on what they use it could have a huge impact on the individual matchups. 

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does Bellmont even have the felxibility to move their lineup this year?  I know they have been able to in the past, but with a dual this tightly contested, I do not know how much moving there is going to be.  It will be an interesting mental match between two of the top coaches in the state.

Guest KoKo B-Ware

103: Blake Adams  dec over Bevans

112: Jackson pin over Dewey Melcher

119: Bevans pin over Brooks Faurote

125: #4 Will Sheets dec over Hiestand

130: Smith dec over Carlinn Hormann

135: Will Busse dec over Rench

140: Harper dec over Taylen Reidenbach

145: Dulaney pin over Ryley Hankenson

152: Mosier maj dec over #10 Tyler Baker

160: Trent Busse dec over Castner

171: Grant Melcher dec over Burke

189: Travis Thatcher dec over Brown

215: Daniel Meyer pin over Neff

285: #1 Billy Baker pin over Janney

FINAL TEAM SCORE

Yorktown--28

Bellmont--30

Probably one of the best First Round Regional matches there will be on WEDNESDAY night.

I heard a rumor this is the first time in 39 years Bellmont has gone in the underdog. Any truth there?

Also, how is the weather in Monroe, any more snow?

The roads are fine in these parts right now...And Bellmont was underdog twice in one day this year when they faced Mishawaka and Perry Meridian.  To say 39 years is far fetched.  Since the start of the Team State format, I'd say they have never been the underdog for regionals or semi-state.  The only loss was in '97 to Wawasee at semi-state. I guess back in 2003, people were thinking that Yorktown had a shot at knocking Bellmont out.  But Bellmont fired back with Brandon Scherer beating state runner up Erik Johnson, and pulled out the swing matches to win by 20+ points.

I heard a rumor this is the first time in 39 years Bellmont has gone in the underdog. Any truth there?

Also, how is the weather in Monroe, any more snow?

I think they meant in a team regional event, but that was just a comment made to me in passing. Even if it were half true it's an impressive feat.

The roads are fine in these parts right now...And Bellmont was underdog twice in one day this year when they faced Mishawaka and Perry Meridian.  To say 39 years is far fetched.  Since the start of the Team State format, I'd say they have never been the underdog for regionals or semi-state.  The only loss was in '97 to Wawasee at semi-state. I guess back in 2003, people were thinking that Yorktown had a shot at knocking Bellmont out.  But Bellmont fired back with Brandon Scherer beating state runner up Erik Johnson, and pulled out the swing matches to win by 20+ points.

Guest KoKo B-Ware

Tonights the big night.

Give us a breakdown of the YK vs. Bel.  and the NH vs. Car.

Then the FINALS and who wins.

How far will the winner of this regional make it?

103: Blake Adams  dec over Bevans

112: Jackson pin over Dewey Melcher

119: Bevans pin over Brooks Faurote

125: #4 Will Sheets dec over Hiestand

130: Smith dec over Carlinn Hormann

135: Will Busse dec over Rench

140: Harper dec over Taylen Reidenbach

145: Dulaney pin over Ryley Hankenson

152: Mosier maj dec over #10 Tyler Baker

160: Trent Busse dec over Castner

171: Grant Melcher dec over Burke

189: Travis Thatcher dec over Brown

215: Daniel Meyer pin over Neff

285: #1 Billy Baker pin over Janney

FINAL TEAM SCORE

Yorktown--28

Bellmont--30

Probably one of the best First Round Regional matches there will be on WEDNESDAY night.

I dont see the score being that high either......You have to factor in the "Hanger Effect" I do see Bellmont pulling it out though......just remember...."THE HANGER EFFECT!"  you will know what I am talking about tomorrow! 

I think there are some real true toss-ups in this match

103 Adams vs. Bevans-Similar records, Bevans has gotten all the hype throughout the year, but Adams had a good showing at Sectional.

125-Sheets vs. Hiestand- This is obviously the key match of the dual.

130-Smith vs. Hormann-Smith comes in as a sectional champ, and Hormann as a 4th placer, but something tells me that Hormann has the chance to pull out another team tournament upset like he did against Zac Leffel a few years back.

135-Busse vs. Rench-It seems like this one should go Yorktown's way, but a lot of people are split on it. Will is much better than 10-14

160-Busse vs. Castner-Both come in with great records. Busse is finally back to the level he was at Al Smith, where he was one call away from making the finals and maybe winning.

These are the matches that someone will have to win 3 of 5 to take the title.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.