CP vs. Mer

Bruschi

103 Stevens dec Halsted  3-0 Mer

112  Hawkins mdec Paeilla  4-3 CP

119  Manes dec Costakis        7-3 CP (Swing Match)

125 Tsirtsis dec Napules        10-3 CP (Swing Match)

130 Valdivia dec Shurg        10-6 CP

135 Roach tech Deluna        15-6 CP

140 Richmond dec Flamme 15-9 CP

145  Jones pin Renn              15-15 Tie

152 Porogzolski dec Nzata    18-15 CP

160  Myers  pin Jordan        24-14 CP

171 Berry mdec Kooi            24-18 CP

189 Shrewsbury fall Wengel  30-18 CP

215 Bakalik dec                        33-18 CP (Swing Match)

HWT Travis Fall Marshall    33-24 CP

This is going to be close, will depend on the 3 swing matches and bonus points.  Hope both teams are healthy and at full strength.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Tsirtsis is going to win, but when you have the #2 vs. #3 in the state you can call it a swing match.  I think Tsirtsis will win!  Wasn't the first match 3-2 with Napules in on a leg and Tsirtsis wins the scramble? 

I think Tsirtsis is going to win, but when you have the #2 vs. #3 in the state you can call it a swing match.  I think Tsirtsis will win!  Wasn't the first match 3-2 with Napules in on a leg and Tsirtsis wins the scramble? 

No - 5-2 - I'm pretty sure.  I think Napules' got 1 for an escape and 1 for stalling.

No - 5-2 - I'm pretty sure.  I think Napules' got 1 for an escape and 1 for stalling.

Sorry did not write that clear.  Yes the final was 5-2, but the score was 3-2 in the last min and Napules  almost had the last takedown but Tsirtsis won the scramble to go up 5-2.  I think Tsirtsis is a stud and will win it all.  But IMO this is a swing match.

103 Merr 3 CP 0

112 Merr 3 CP 3

119 Merr 3 CP 6

125 Merr 3 CP 9

130 Merr 6 CP 9

135 Merr 6 CP 13

140 Merr 9 CP 13

145 Merr 12 CP 13

152 Merr 12 CP 16

160 Merr 12 CP 22

171 Merr 18 CP 22

189 Merr 18 CP 28

215 Merr 18 CP 31

275 Merr 24 CP 31

That is keeping it pretty conservative. I have a feeling something extraordinary is going to happen somewhere. Should be a very exciting match. And whoever's left still has to wrestle Portage next! Ouch.

I have da believe dabest coach in da region has a few tricks up his sleeve/ but he is facing da best team team.  Da game is called bonus points and stayin off of your back. I predict a barn burner !!!  I hope da lake stays nice and don't dump a foot of dat white stuff so we can enjoy a fine evening of wrasling !!!! :)

Well said, clive.

Maldonado always has his kids prepared for the big meet. Last year, M'ville had no business beating CP on paper but Vlink didn't have his guys ready and Maldonado did, plain and simple. This year looks to be too much for M'ville to overcome but that's why they settle it on the mat. Good luck to both teams.

Never said he wasn't a good coach. I think he's a great coach. Obviously I'm a CP fan too. Problem is for whatever reason our boys have trouble with Merrillville even if they should always beat them. A DAC title is nice. But I think if they had to choose, every CP fan out there would rather lose to Merrillville in the regular season and them beat them to get to state.

Never said he wasn't a good coach. I think he's a great coach. Obviously I'm a CP fan too. Problem is for whatever reason our boys have trouble with Merrillville even if they should always beat them. A DAC title is nice. But I think if they had to choose, every CP fan out there would rather lose to Merrillville in the regular season and them beat them to get to state.

Well said clive. I think any coach in the state would trade a conference title for a trip to team state. That being said it is hard to pick against a team that has FIVE potential state champs. I think that cp will represent the region well in semi-state.

Are you serious?  Scared?  Anybody that knows Anthony knows he is going to come at you.  He isn't scared of anybody and that is coming from someone that used to pound him when he was a little boy.  If your an adult you should be ashamed of yourself.  If your still a kid, you shouldn't be on here, go clean your room or something.  He lost pretty bad and could of made excuses about it.  Did he? No, just said he needed to work harder, and finished strong that day.  He could have easily tanked it.  You should take the time to get to know him before making accusations of him being scared.  Anyone can get on a board and hide behind a name.  It happens everyday on this board.  Let's try this one.  Everyone knows who I am, and I'm pretty sure your gonna be there Wednesday, so why don't you just come sit next to me and we'll have this chat face to face.  We'll see who is "scared."

P.S.  I'm gonna be the biggest guy there in the Merrillville Section,.........I mean 2nd biggest guy.....James Travis's dad is insanely huge.  That's someone I'd be scared of.

GO PIRATES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Predictions..

103 Merr dec CP 0-3 (swing)

112 CP maj Merr 4-3

119 CP dec Merr 7-3(swing)

125 CP dec Merr 10-3

130CP dec Merr 13-3 (swing)

135 CP tech Merr 18-3

140 Merr dec CP 18-6 (swing)

145 Merr maj CP 18-10

152 CP dec Merr 21-10 (swing)

160 CP pin Merr 27-10

171 Merr maj CP 27-14

189 CP pin Merr 34-14

215 CP dec Merr 37-14

285 Merr pin CP 37-20

Hypothetically this is how it is on paper given no upsets, but Merr always has some tricks up their sleeves.. GO CP!!!..

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.