140 - dec MD

145 - dec MD

152 - dec Castle

160 - Maj MD

171 - Maj Castle

189 - Pin Castle

215 - dec Castle

285 - Pin MD

27-25 MD wins it.  130-152 all have the potential to go either way.  It should be a great dual.  Bonus points will decide this one.

I guess I'm struggling to see what has changed so much since December?? Other than Lennie May not in the line up for MD and Sietz in the line up for Castle?? Both teams have improved through the year, but I'm certain Castle has not wrestled the schedule that Mater Dei has.

Has everyone forgotten a couple of things:

1. MD Schedule is incredibly hard and prepares them for tough competition match in and match out.

2. MD has one of the toughest rooms in the state - The kids themselves are tough as nails and you have State Champions & State Places helping and pushing them to success.

3. MD kids have been in pressure situations since they were very young and always find a way to rise to the occasion.

My money is on MD.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A team can change their during the meet, once a wrestler checks in at the table and steps in the circle the weight class is then locked. Remember  though every wrestler (backups and regulars and if I'm not mistaken you are only allowed 21 kids for weigh-ins) have to go through weigh-ins and not to mention there are several regulations to the weigh-ins that can have a serious impact on the individual with the individual tourney, example of one, if a kid weighs 112 wrestles 130 now he cannot wrestle 112 Sat. because he recertified himself as 119 knocking him out of the Regionals by rule you are only allowed to bump up 2 weight classes.

You have the rule you used in your example totally wrong. To wrestle in the team regional a wrestler has to be listed on this teams sectional entry list that was sent in to the IHSAA a few weeks ago. If that wrestler was listed at 112 on the sectional entry list he can only wrestle 112 and 119 in any part of the IHSAA state tournament series. That whole recertification thing you are talking about changed about 6-8 years ago.

A team can change their during the meet, once a wrestler checks in at the table and steps in the circle the weight class is then locked. Remember  though every wrestler (backups and regulars and if I'm not mistaken you are only allowed 21 kids for weigh-ins) have to go through weigh-ins and not to mention there are several regulations to the weigh-ins that can have a serious impact on the individual with the individual tourney, example of one, if a kid weighs 112 wrestles 130 now he cannot wrestle 112 Sat. because he recertified himself as 119 knocking him out of the Regionals by rule you are only allowed to bump up 2 weight classes.

You have the rule you used in your example totally wrong. To wrestle in the team regional a wrestler has to be listed on this teams sectional entry list that was sent in to the IHSAA a few weeks ago. If that wrestler was listed at 112 on the sectional entry list he can only wrestle 112 and 119 in any part of the IHSAA state tournament series. That whole recertification thing you are talking about changed about 6-8 years ago.

So basically if Blake Maurer were wrestling 171 in the IHSAA Individual tournament he could only bump up to 189 in the team series not 215.

What exactly does this have to do with Castle vs. MD #2??

103 - Maj MD

112 - dec Castle

119 - dec MD

125 - Maj MD

130 - dec Castle

135 - dec Castle

140 - dec MD

145 - dec MD

152 - dec Castle

160 - Maj MD

171 - Maj Castle

189 - Pin Castle

215 - dec Castle

285 - Pin MD

27-25 MD wins it.  130-152 all have the potential to go either way.  It should be a great dual.  Bonus points will decide this one.

I guess I'm struggling to see what has changed so much since December?? Other than Lennie May not in the line up for MD and Sietz in the line up for Castle?? Both teams have improved through the year, but I'm certain Castle has not wrestled the schedule that Mater Dei has.

1. MD Schedule is incredibly hard and prepares them for tough competition match in and match out.

2. MD has one of the toughest rooms in the state - The kids themselves are tough as nails and you have State Champions & State Places helping and pushing them to success.

3. MD kids have been in pressure situations since they were very young and always find a way to rise to the occasion.

My money is on MD.

I'm quite certain MD will win, but I do think it will be closer than the dual in December.  The only real question is what kind of ratty sweat suit will Harmon be wearing? ;)

103 - Maj MD

112 - dec Castle

119 - dec MD

125 - Maj MD

130 - dec Castle

135 - dec Castle

140 - dec MD

145 - dec MD

152 - dec Castle

160 - Maj MD

171 - Maj Castle

189 - Pin Castle

215 - dec Castle

285 - Pin MD

My money is on MD.

I'm quite certain MD will win, but I do think it will be closer than the dual in December.  The only real question is what kind of ratty sweat suit will Harmon be wearing? ;)

He only wears the ratty sweat suit for the first match - Once the finals begin then he puts his shirt and tie on......

This one is going to be a great bout.  Castle is on fire right now and wrestling great but we all know what EMD brings to the table.  It is very tough to bet against EMD and that is who I am going with.  If the earlier regular season match up means anything then EMD could walk with this one.  I would guess from what I have seen of EMD this season that they will win by 6 or 7 over Castle.  Both young teams and both going to continue to get better.

First match:

112 MD (reserve) pinned Castle wrestler that just won the conference tourney (9 point swing)

130 Castle wrestler out injured (6 point swing)

145 Castle wrestler ranked with MD in top 10 and have split (6 point)

21 points

MD-103,119,125 easy (should win 140, 160,285) Should be some MD bonus points in here.

Castle-(should win 112, 130,135,152,171,189,215)

Tossup 145

MD finds a way to win and always has, but this should be a lot closer than the last time.

At 130 for Castle is not injured. Seitz just won Sectionals this weekend.

I think he was commenting on how Castle could make up the points from their first meeting.  Was Seitz injured for that one?

Yes, the 1st time they met Seitz was not there.  It should be interesting.  I never count the Cats out...they always seem to do what it takes when it's all on the line...that being said...they better come to wrestle because I'm sure Castle wants it pretty bad.  If Castle wins, this would be the 1st time MD didn't make it to Team State...so they'll be gunning to protect their legacy.  Should be a heck of a match...wish it wasn't at Jasper...that's quite a haul during the week.

I thought Seitz wasn't wretling at the beginning of the year because he couldn't make varsity, then decided to make the big cut back down to 130 at the end of the year.

Seitz was out at beginning of season from a broken leg from football just got released to wrestle and won his spot back at 130

Andrew is a VERY able wrestler...The previous holder of the 130 spot for Castle performed VERY well also, but unfortunantly he was injured and allowed Andrew to step in. 

Interesting side note.  Zach Thomason stepped in for Phillip Seitz last year when he got hurt late in the season.  Zach performed very well then also! 

So you see...Those Castle boys take great care of each other!!! 

First match:

112 MD (reserve) pinned Castle wrestler that just won the conference tourney (9 point swing)

130 Castle wrestler out injured (6 point swing)

145 Castle wrestler ranked with MD in top 10 and have split (6 point)

21 points

MD-103,119,125 easy (should win 140, 160,285) Should be some MD bonus points in here.

Castle-(should win 112, 130,135,152,171,189,215)

Tossup 145

MD finds a way to win and always has, but this should be a lot closer than the last time.

At 130 for Castle is not injured. Seitz just won Sectionals this weekend.

I think he was commenting on how Castle could make up the points from their first meeting.  Was Seitz injured for that one?

Yes, the 1st time they met Seitz was not there.  It should be interesting.  I never count the Cats out...they always seem to do what it takes when it's all on the line...that being said...they better come to wrestle because I'm sure Castle wants it pretty bad.  If Castle wins, this would be the 1st time MD didn't make it to Team State...so they'll be gunning to protect their legacy.  Should be a heck of a match...wish it wasn't at Jasper...that's quite a haul during the week.

I thought Seitz wasn't wretling at the beginning of the year because he couldn't make varsity, then decided to make the big cut back down to 130 at the end of the year.

Seitz was out at beginning of season from a broken leg from football just got released to wrestle and won his spot back at 130

So basically if Blake Maurer were wrestling 171 in the IHSAA Individual tournament he could only bump up to 189 in the team series not 215.

The year Blake Maurer moved up to wrestle 215 at team state that was ok. The IHSAA put this rule in the very next year.

The year Blake Maurer moved up to wrestle 215 at team state that was ok. The IHSAA put this rule in the very next year.

I knew they put the rule in the year after Blake did it. I don't now what they gain by implementing this rule??

Back to the original topic MD vs Castle #2 - 29 hours and counting.......

103 MD advantage

112 Toss up based on what I have seen.

119 MD advantage

125 MD advantage

130 Castle advantage

135 Toss up

140 MD advantage

145 MD advantage----I know many will argue since Castle won in OT at SIAC, but having seen both matches MD has the advantage.

152 Castle advantage --- however, MD is more than capable of winning this class

160 MD advantage

171 Castle advantage---again though...MD could pull this one out.

189 Castle advantage

215 Castel advantage

HVY MD advantage although anything can have with the heavies.

That shows MD with the advantage in 7 classes with Castle advantage in 5 classes with two classes (and one could argue about 3 others) being a toss up. Any upsets in this dual will be huge as well as bonus points. I do think MD has a better chance of gettting bonus points but that's just my opinion.

Castle MD split at 145 and you don't have that as a toss up?  Castle would have a better shot at winning 145 than MD will have winning 112 and 135.  Two weight classes Castle won at SIAC.  Keep in mind that Castle has a very talented wrestler at 140 that has lost by 1 and 2 points to MD.  I agree that MD will have a much better shot at bonus points and could pull some upsets too.  Just pulling off the MD glasses being worn.  Good luck on your predictions.

If MD and Castle keep the same line-up as used in the Sectionals - here is my prediction:

103:  MD - Maj Dec

112:  CA - Dec

119:  MD - Dec

125:  MD - Maj Dec

130:  CA - Maj Dec

135:  MD - Dec (toss up)

140:  MD - Dec (slight favorite)

145:  CA - Dec (toss up)

152:  CA - Dec (toss up)

160:  MD - Maj Dec

171:  CA - Dec

189:  CA - Dec (solid favorite - will be close to bonus points)

215:  CA - Dec (solid favorite - but no bonus points)

285:  MD - Dec (toss up)

I believe this is 24-22 MD / any change to bonus points or the toss up matches will swing the match.

I like what you are saying Jon H. I think MD does have the advantage @ 140 and I believe Zeke will be hard to beat @145. Possibility MD could bump Henderson up to compete against Seitz. Maybe this could only happen if they were saving Little Weinzy for Sat. I 'm sure MD reserve could compete and win @ 119 or 125 from what I've seen.  :o Would they even move someone else in against Brown?  Apell wouldn't have to make weight if he were to wrestle @ 112.  ;) MD still has options in some of these lower weight classes.  :) Pretty sure MD reserve would beat Castle's 103. Even with options, I don't think MD will need them. MD will be ready to wrestle. I believe it really depends on where this dual begins and who has the momentum. Yes, I do believe in momentum during duals.

I like what you are saying Jon H. I think MD does have the advantage @ 140 and I believe Zeke will be hard to beat @145. Possibility MD could bump Henderson up to compete against Seitz. Maybe this could only happen if they were saving Little Weinzy for Sat. I 'm sure MD reserve could compete and win @ 119 or 125 from what I've seen.  :o Would they even move someone else in against Brown?  Apell wouldn't have to make weight if he were to wrestle @ 112.  ;) MD still has options in some of these lower weight classes.  :) Pretty sure MD reserve would beat Castle's 103. Even with options, I don't think MD will need them. MD will be ready to wrestle. I believe it really depends on where this dual begins and who has the momentum. Yes, I do believe in momentum during duals.

I can only hope they DO follow your ideas...

if  M.D. wrestles the way they wrestled in sectionals and conference  it will be a short season for the team. I can not remember a group of seniors that have looked as if they have no fire.

Yea it always could backfire.  ;D My bet would be straight up wrestling.

Wrestle what got you to where you are...That's the way I see it...

My only hope is there are no injuries!!!!  I always hate it when a kid screws the Individual Regional wrestling for the team title.

I agree. You DO have to sometimes find advantages where you can. I'm not saying that is what I would do with the lineup, but it does shake things up. ;) I only was giving different options and there are many more possibily. I guess everyone doesn't quite know how Coach Schaefer will decide or if he will even need to chance anything.  :-\ Goebel always had a knack of tweaking things at the right weight class.

I agree. You DO have to sometimes find advantages where you can. I'm not saying that is what I would do with the lineup, but it does shake things up. ;) I only was giving different options and there are many more possibily. I guess everyone doesn't quite know how Coach Schaefer will decide or if he will even need to chance anything.  :-\ Goebel always had a knack of tweaking things at the right weight class.

I am sure both Coaches have turned this upside down and inside out looking for what would best sit their kids chances.  Both teams have some really interesting options available to them that would make ALL of us wonder "Where did THAT come from..." .

I sure hope that regardless of which team wins between MD and Castle, they don't  lose sight of Southridge and Jeffersonville waiting in the wings!  This is after all the first step.

Boiler:

I look for MD to completly shake the line up and I agree with your opinion tonight will be all about momentum and were the dual starts. If I know nothing about MD kids they rise to the occasion time and time again, we've got MD people on here challenging the kids leadership and fire, those kids will rise to that challenge and take it head on.

My money is on MD.   ;) ;)

If MD decides to shift

103 lannert will win

112 brown will beat apple (apple could win this)

125 Castle will beat md reserve.

130 Seitz will beat Henderson (Henderson does not impress me he stalls alot and plays the edge of the mat.)

I think Castle will wrestle straight up.

If MD decides to shift

103 lannert will win

112 brown will beat apple (apple could win this)

125 Castle will beat md reserve.

130 Seitz will beat Henderson (Henderson does not impress me he stalls alot and plays the edge of the mat.)

I think Castle will wrestle straight up.

Man your way off - We will see when they come to the table I hope Harmon has got his thinking cap on tonight....... ;)

By the way I disagree with all of your picks except 103........LOL

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.