Sectional upsets

Well, a minor one with Hall (S.B. Riley) beating Sandefer (Mishawaka) 4-2 in OT. Sandefer is #1 at 140 lbs. I believe he was undefeated and had beaten Hall the other 3-5 times they had wrestled.   This match was for the Sectional Championship..

Ranked wrestlers Zack Stone (Jimtown), Jeremy Hill (Jimtown), George Lopez (Northwood) and Kyle Mays (Northridge) all lost today at Elkhart Memorial.

Stone lost in triple OT to a mid seed and eventual champ Tim marshall Mays had to inj default he dislocated his ulna and went to the ER Hill lost to Ferrah who is having a very good season and Lopez not sure but i think he inj default to Spurgeon so they didnt even wrestle

At Warren, unseeded Jon Decker of WC wins, beating 4th seeded Corman, 1 seed Ramage, and 2nd seed Varga

# 14 at 135 Pearson gets beat by Williams of MV

# 8 at 160 Durphey of Shelbyville getting beat by Holaway of GC

Unseeded Jake Bartley of Roncalli making it to the champioship match at 145.

Considering they won the team title by 17 points, that was huge for them.

Someone told me that it was a FF in the McGinley match at LC. Does anyone know how serious the injury is?

In the Star today it says the coach held him out as a precaution for a shoulder injury. It does not mention anything about the severity of it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.