What are you most anxious for?

Trinedad

Friday night is always my second favorite, Saturday night under the lights is my favorite, I've only missed a couple times since I was 6. You see who has more composure and heart, who holds back. That's when the hardest trained come out on top.

And someone voted for Christmas Morning?

Friday night is always my second favorite, Saturday night under the lights is my favorite, I've only missed a couple times since I was 6. You see who has more composure and heart, who holds back. That's when the hardest trained come out on top.

And someone voted for Christmas Morning?

I love Christmas presents!!! Sue me!!!

Just Kidding....I didn't vote that...I'm like Scrooge.

Ok, lets hear it. I know for me I get quite anxious to see the semi-state draw.

I agree with you.  Semi gets you pumped for the best weekend in Indiana High school sports, "Under the Lights at Conseco!"

Friday Night......the mood, attitude, and mystique that surrounds it is unreal. It is loaded with hype and pure energy. Watching teenagers re-act to the "on the spot" demands of Friday Night is night like no other. The "win or go home" theme makes this night impossible to predict. I have seen wrestlers dominate the season leading up to, even roll through a SS, and then change on Friday night. This night can separate good from bad and good from great. I can only compare it to a junior high match. You never know what can happen. I mean come on, we are the only sport where your season can end in 2 seconds no matter how much you are winning by. It can go as planned or turn into quick-sand on a mat. Kids forget how to wrestle, forget game plans, or just go blank. It is mind-boggling the way some of these matches turn out. A kid might win 14-13 Friday night and then blow through the field on Saturday. And we know there will ALWAYS be upsets Friday Night, not only 3's over 2's, but the HOLY COW 4's over 1's. The people that only show up for Saturday don't know what they are missing.

Friday Night......the mood, attitude, and mystique that surrounds it is unreal. It is loaded with hype and pure energy. Watching teenagers re-act to the "on the spot" demands of Friday Night is night like no other. The "win or go home" theme makes this night impossible to predict. I have seen wrestlers dominate the season leading up to, even roll through a SS, and then change on Friday night. This night can separate good from bad and good from great. I can only compare it to a junior high match. You never know what can happen. I mean come on, we are the only sport where your season can end in 2 seconds no matter how much you are winning by. It can go as planned or turn into quick-sand on a mat. Kids forget how to wrestle, forget game plans, or just go blank. It is mind-boggling the way some of these matches turn out. A kid might win 14-13 Friday night and then blow through the field on Saturday. And we know there will ALWAYS be upsets Friday Night, not only 3's over 2's, but the HOLY COW 4's over 1's. The people that only show up for Saturday don't know what they are missing.

I agree thats what I voted for.

I do think the mood of Friday and Saturday of that state finals is unbelieveable if you are looking at the whole wrestling community.   However, if you are looking at this by groups of people (individual wrestlers plus coaches, friends, family) the ticket round of semi-state is what many are probably the most anxious for because that one single match ends up decides if you make it to the big show.  Yeah the whole crowds not into every match but each persons cheer block is always on the edge of their seats with nerves.  Especially if that wrestler has never made it to or past that point before.  I just love seeing the cheer block for a kid before, during and after that match its almost as good as the state championship match.  Because of that the ticket round of semi-state gets my vote for what I am the most anxious for.  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.