Warren Central Sectional Brackets

Trinedad

4 school districts closed today. Shelbyville, Greenfield, New Pal & Triton. more with a 2 hr delay and nothing so far on the other 2. Now, because these schools were out Thursday also, does that mean a 2 lb extra allowance, or just 1 lb. Cox was clear as mud.

(ex: 105, 106 or 107)

Coach Vic, has Warren been notified that they will be getting the 2 pounds, or is this still just board chatter. Until it comes from the A.D., we dont want to take a chance of a kid not making weight.

Warrendad....This is taken from the letter from Bobby Cox that is pinned to the top of the message board.  According to his interpretation of the rule, given at least one school in our sectional was not in school both yesterday and today, all wresters will be given a two pound allowance....Now whether or not all schools have been contacted as of yet is another story....Vic

If those schools were able to practice then they will not get the extra pound(s). 

Read the rule carefully and it hinges on whether the team can practice or not, its not whether they were in school or not. 

If a school is canceled, but they are allowed to practice, then there will be no extra pound.

Thanks Coach Vic, and Y2. I guess it will be better to be safe then sorry since there seems to be some confusion as to the wording of the rule being cited. Make the weight without the allowance and dont worry about it this evening.

Y2/Warrendad...At this point I am sure all the powers to be have huddled on this matter and a decision one way or another has been made and schools will be or have been notified.

However, I know while some schools were closed both days, some had "optional" practices given the fact some school corporations say you can't require athletes to practice if school is out. Therefore the next question becomes if practices were optional (get there if you can) and some kids were unable to attend does that still count as "officially" practicing or was it simply an open room?

Coach Vic

Y2/Warrendad...At this point I am sure all the powers to be have huddled on this matter and a decision one way or another has been made and schools will be or have been notified. 

However, I know while some schools were closed both days, some had "optional" practices given the fact some school corporations say you can't require athletes to practice if school is out.  Therefore the next question becomes if practices were optional (get there if you can) and some kids were unable to attend does that still count as "officially" practicing or was it simply an open room?

Coach Vic

Coach. turn up the heat in the room, and get them to the required weight. The control is right by the door leading to the closet. ;D

BTW, what time are we setting up tonight?

Warrendad....I have "readjusted" the heating control several times this year and I am sure it is real toasty in there already! ;D  As you know, the heat is being used strickly to keep the room warm enough so the kids don't catch a cold and NOT for any weight loss purposes!!

Set-up will follow the boy's basketball game tonight.

Coach Vic

Warrendad....I have "readjusted" the heating control several times this year and I am sure it is real toasty in there already! ;D  As you know, the heat is being used strickly to keep the room warm enough so the kids don't catch a cold and NOT for any weight loss purposes!!

Coach Vic

OK, I will be there. Any chance of getting the boys to play their little game on the fieldhouse?..... ;D

Coach Vic

Yes I know that, but I remember a few days during the Christmas break where they shut down the system and the room was a bit on the chilly side. We dont want any pulled muscles today.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.