Warren Central Sectional Brackets

Trinedad

Sorry this is all I got for now. I have told Y2 that I will get him the rest when I get them tomorrow evening, but this is a sectional bracket for those gnashing at the teeth to look over some

Nick Odom  26-10 WC

Bye

Bye

Dylan Ermsweller 21-13 TC

Josh Dorsey 14-13 FC

Bye

Tyson Quick 22-14 SH

Joal Mogollon 27-7 MV

Colton Dickey 23-9 Ron

Bye

BJ Davidson 6-6 EH

Josh Jester 24-14 GC

Bye

Colton Brendle 3-9 NP

Bye

Nick Roberts 26-5 BG

Teams Warren Central, Triton Central, Franklin Central, Shelbyville, Mount Vernon, Roncolli, Eastern Hancock, Greefield Central, New Palestine, Beech Grove

It should also be noted that many of his losses, while disappointing for Nick, were the result of moving up a weight class to help strengthen the team's overall lineup for a specific dual.

Coach Vic

midget5589,

Odam had 13 losses last year and still placed 6th.

Tournament time is a brand new season.

You should learn from your losses.

I think he did last year.

TheAncientElder (TAE)

The Imperial Potentate and Grand Poobah of Classless wrestling in Indiana.

I wear my Fez with pride.

www.theancientelder.net

Warrendad,

I stand corrected.

I am currently reformating the database for a new book and I have not got that area proofed.

TheAncientElder (TAE)

The Imperial Potentate and Grand Poobah of Classless wrestling in Indiana.

I wear my Fez with pride.

www.theancientelder.net

i definitly think warren should take this sectional easy

While I would love to see this happen, my guess is it will come down to Roncolli, and New Pal. Warren has an outside shot if some of our kids step up and wrestle well in the placement matches, and our kids that are supposed to win do.

I do not see Reidling listed in the bracket.  Why is he not wrestling?

This is just spectulation on my part, but the last time we saw him, he had messed up his shoulder. I know this, it had to be something to keep this kid off the mat.

Indysportsfan, given the season results head-to-head, I would agree with you.  But keep in mind that Warren lost to both New Palestine and Roncalli by basically one match each. 

If Warren has one or two kids step up and place higher than season results would anticipate and the rest of the kids place as seeded, this sectional could be extremely close.  Over the years I have seen stranger things happen during the sectional.  Don't count us out just yet!

Coach Vic

what about beech grove didnt they beat roncalli in a close match this year cant count the hornets out either

Really? I haven't heard anything about them in years other than a few good indviduals.

BG did overcome Roncalli this year.  It was a very close and exciting match.  It was 30-30 BG won off of the 3rd criteria I believe.  BG has posted a good team record this year 14-3 or 17-3 one of the two, with two of those team loses coming to some tough schools in Ohio.  They have 8 kids seeded top 4 and they are a really young team.  8 members of the varsity are sophomores, 1 a freshmen and 2 Juniors.  Plus they are going to be reloading with some middle school talent next year.  BG's coach has done a great job with a young team that has had numerous injuries and two great wrestlers quitting or leaving the team for some unknown reason.

BG did overcome Roncalli this year.  It was a very close and exciting match.  It was 30-30 BG won off of the 3rd criteria I believe.  BG has posted a good team record this year 14-3 or 17-3 one of the two, with two of those team loses coming to some tough schools in Ohio.  They have 8 kids seeded top 4 and they are a really young team.  8 members of the varsity are sophomores, 1 a freshmen and 2 Juniors.  Plus they are going to be reloading with some middle school talent next year.  BG's coach has done a great job with a young team that has had numerous injuries and two great wrestlers quitting or leaving the team for some unknown reason.

BG is greatly improved this year, and while I dont see them contending for a title this year, next year they will be one of the favorites for the team title. Actually I see this year coming down to New Pal, and Roncolli, with Warren and Beech Grove battling it out for 3rd and 4th. That is the great thing about this sport, an upset here or there changes the entire picture, and you get a few kids hot in the wrestle backs, that score alot of team points for you and anything is possible. Should BG win it this year, I will be among the 1st to congratulate them and tell them good luck the rest of the way.

I am looking forward to seeing some great matches this weekend.

Good luck to all teams, and individules involved.

I would not be shocked at all if BG got 2nd or even won the sectional.  They were seeded nicely, I believe seeded second to Roncalli as a team, and as you said warrendad, a win here or there going their way would help there odds alot, they just got hope some kids wrestle higher than what they are seeded and pull off a few upsets.  I believe that it is going to come down to the head to head match ups, for example BG v New Pal, BG v Roncalli, and etc....  But don't be shocked if their are a few upsets in the finals.  Gates has a fierce cradle for BG and could sneak his way to the finals.  And their if BG's 119 stays aggressive he could be alot closer to Keiffer than what everyone thinks.  And do not sleep on the 189, when I saw him wrestle at whiteland he looked like a man on a mission.  I believe he is on a 14 or 15 match win streak with all but one of those being pins.  It should be an exciting day of wrestling I totally agree with you warrendad.

I am curious to know if any of the teams have been in school, and able to have practice this week. That might be as big a story as anything else this week.

Warren has been out for both wednesday and thursday. We have not heard about friday yet.

According to channel 13 web site, the only schools that have not already announced a 2 hour delay that feed into this sectional are Warren and Roncolli. I am fairly sure both will be in school tomorrow and both will have 2 hour delays, which means that evereyone should be prepared to make the weight with no additional allowance for missed practice.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.