Olympic Conference Question on results

Trinedad

Anderson Highland Individual results

103 Branson 2nd

112 Wagner 3rd

119 Eppert 1st (beat Kenny 12-4 and Armatrout at 125 by tech 23-8)

125 McCool 2nd

130 Bryant 2nd

135 Berryman 1st (weighed in a couple tenths over 127 to wrestle up to 135 for the team)

152 Bennett 1st (Whitaker wrestled his first match then decided to injury default to Bennett)

160 Teeters 1st

171 Logan 1st

I got these off the results page, so does this mean that Eppert won 2 weight classes. How does he wrestle guys in both classes, and would that not mess up both weight classes???????

I realize that I am not the smartest man around, but this confuses me

Anderson Highland Individual results

103 Branson 2nd

112 Wagner 3rd

119 Eppert 1st (beat Kenny 12-4 and Armatrout at 125 by tech 23-8)

125 McCool 2nd

130 Bryant 2nd

135 Berryman 1st (weighed in a couple tenths over 127 to wrestle up to 135 for the team)

152 Bennett 1st (Whitaker wrestled his first match then decided to injury default to Bennett)

160 Teeters 1st

171 Logan 1st

I got these off the results page, so does this mean that Eppert won 2 weight classes. How does he wrestle guys in both classes, and would that not mess up both weight classes???????

I realize that I am not the smartest man around, but this confuses me

It's simple really...HE IS JUST THAT DARNED GOOD! 

Yeah BlueBolt, I realize he is a great wrestler, but at this conference meet, do they just wrestle anyone they want and at the end they toss a bunch of medals on the floor and whoever ends up with them are the champions?

It might have been dual meet format and they took the best records of each weight class to determine the individual champions.

Good call, I did not even think about that. Our conference is an individule tourney with team points.

Woohoo for you for being smarter then me.

Yeah BlueBolt, I realize he is a great wrestler, but at this conference meet, do they just wrestle anyone they want and at the end they toss a bunch of medals on the floor and whoever ends up with them are the champions?

Don't know if he is good enough or not...But it is one possibility I guess...

Don't feel bad, in our conference meet we had kids bracketed to meet themselves during the day...Not sure how those matches would have played out!    ;D

Don't feel bad, in our conference meet we had kids bracketed to meet themselves during the day...Not sure how those matches would have played out!    ;D

Ever see the movie LIAR LIAR...the scene in the bathroom where he is beating the crap out of himself, just before he goes back into the court room? Kinda like that I would guess.

Ever see the movie LIAR LIAR...the scene in the bathroom where he is beating the crap out of himself, just before he goes back into the court room? Kinda like that I would guess.

The question I have is if you finish both first and fourth, how does that effect future seedings?  

No seedings for the tournament.. Its a dual style tournament. Each team wrestles a dual match, and the wrestler with the best record in the weight class wins.. There is a possibility that 2 wrestlers can end up with the same record. If that happens, first criteria is head to head.. After that, I have no clue how the winner is determined..

Coach Swain

Yeah Whitaker did a real intense warm up.. Then wrestled his first match with a taped wrist/hand.. He must have injured the wrist/hand at a previous match or practice.. When it was time to wrestle Sam, Whitaker was all the sudden in street clothes on the sideline..  Was a big disappointment because Sam wrestled 152 at conference just to wrestle Whitaker and to make our dual line up stronger.. But i guess Whitaker was protecting his hand/wrist from any further injury..

Just to clarify about the conference tournament format.  Prior to the meet beginning, the coaches voted to allow kids to move around to different weight classes if it could help them win a match.  A number of kids did not care about the individual award, they just wanted to help their team win.  Being the tournament director, it was not as easy as I thought it would be, but luckily their were no major questions for any weight class.  The Team Championship came down to total team points with Jay County edging out Connersville for the team championship.  Great job by all who assisted in running a great tournament.

Todd Eppert

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.