Signature Moves

base

An Iranian is where you shoot a double, and your head ends up on the inside after the sprawl.  As you come up from under, you bring one leg downward and the other leg you toss up and over to the side of the leg that you brought downward.  Someone else might be able to put this in words better than I did, but you get the idea.

Isn't this also called the Barsagar?

Probably.  I think that Iranian might just be the term handed down from Coach Kalver to the Bellmont and Bishop Luers programs.

we called it an iranian at laporte

Mansour Barsagar is a former World Champion and many time World and Olympic Team coach for Iran. And for what it's worth...he's a pretty good guy also.

A HWT from Mt. Vernon named Rugeria pinned every wrestler at the state meet with a sweet move I had never seen before or after.  He would clinch both arms when someone was going for a bear hug and do a back flip while holding onto both of his opponents arms.  He would end up on top for a pin.  Unbelievable to see.  Everyone knew he what he was going to do and nobody could stop him.

An Iranian is where you shoot a double, and your head ends up on the inside after the sprawl.  As you come up from under, you bring one leg downward and the other leg you toss up and over to the side of the leg that you brought downward.  Someone else might be able to put this in words better than I did, but you get the idea.

Probably.  I think that Iranian might just be the term handed down from Coach Kalver to the Bellmont and Bishop Luers programs.

we called it an iranian at laporte

Mansour Barsagar is a former World Champion and many time World and Olympic Team coach for Iran. And for what it's worth...he's a pretty good guy also.

Grecoref may be the most wrestling savy person on this board!

As far as I know, the Barsagar and Iranian are both finishes to the HiC. The Barsagar is a HiC to a double leg.  The Iranian is when you are in on a HiC, your opponent takes away the angle and you slide underneath, lift, and come out the back door.

Just to stay on topic for signature moves, Will Ragle and Paul Sullivan were both outstanding with the high crotch series.

The Iranian position comes from taking a shot and the opponent sprawling out on top of the attacker.  The attacker then slides his head in between the legs and pops up to his knees with the opponent dangling overtop.  From here you use different techniques and variations of the Iranian position to complete your takedown. (popping one leg off, out the back door, swim move.....)

The Barsagar is a finish for finishing the single leg with the opponent sprawled out on top of you.  Definitely highlight reel material if you get him airborne.

The Iranian position comes from taking a shot and the opponent sprawling out on top of the attacker.  The attacker then slides his head in between the legs and pops up to his knees with the opponent dangling overtop.  From here you use different techniques and variations of the Iranian position to complete your takedown. (popping one leg off, out the back door, swim move.....)

The Barsagar is a finish for finishing the single leg with the opponent sprawled out on top of you.  Definitely highlight reel material if you get him airborne.

I get it, now.  The way it was originally described made me think Barsagar especially the part about the one leg going airborne, which, as you said, is full of airtime if done well.

Delbert Parham a Kokomo state champ in the 60's or early 70's had a side cradle that he would use to pin kids late in the match when he always trailed. The kid had a pot gut and no build at all. Looks can be deceiving. John Smith, the man , the coach ,the legend, a low single while at Muncie South. Dennis Lewis, while at Yorktown a tilt if you were ever so foolish as to under hook either of  his arms. Bullock from Ft. Wayne Central, a killer bear hug.  Bud Palmer from Muncie North, Delta, pick a school, a heel pick that couldn't be stopped.  Just a few for the old timers out there.

Guest renegade

i believe his name was ...jake missi.. i wasnt in high school yet but watched him wrestle at semi state and he did have one of the best stand ups .. also in high school one of the best moves is the arm drag inside trip by matt powless his last year in high school .. very slick he hit it in the state finals kid didnt see it coming

A HWT from Mt. Vernon named Rugeria pinned every wrestler at the state meet with a sweet move I had never seen before or after.  He would clinch both arms when someone was going for a bear hug and do a back flip while holding onto both of his opponents arms.  He would end up on top for a pin.  Unbelievable to see.  Everyone knew he what he was going to do and nobody could stop him.

Someone posted the video earlier of Reese Humphrey doing this exact move in a college meet.  Fast Forward to about 8:00 or so.  The other guy attempts a bear hug and Reese does the backflip (and gets called for a penalty).  Would take unbelievable athleticism to pull this off.  You say a HEAVYWEIGHT was doing this??  Woah!

http://www.flowrestling.org/videos/coverage/view_video/234547-sunday-brunch-ohio-state-vs-hofstra/129463-133-2-reece-humphrey-os-dec-9-lou-ruggirello-h-7-4

This move is also able to be hit from just going out to the side a bit instead of jacking him overhead.  Simple double overhooks and fists high into the chest.  Move hips into your guy as the lift begins and rotate them through, letting your feet follow through.

Someone posted the video earlier of Reese Humphrey doing this exact move in a college meet.  Fast Forward to about 8:00 or so.  The other guy attempts a bear hug and Reese does the backflip (and gets called for a penalty).  Would take unbelievable athleticism to pull this off.  You say a HEAVYWEIGHT was doing this??  Woah!

http://www.flowrestling.org/videos/coverage/view_video/234547-sunday-brunch-ohio-state-vs-hofstra/129463-133-2-reece-humphrey-os-dec-9-lou-ruggirello-h-7-4

Kevin Hartman- Clay High School, graduated in 2003.

Side headlock from left field, completely wiffs on it intentionally, does a 360 into a single leg.

And he didn't just run it on terrible kids... he hit it against Clint Happe in the 5th-6th place match in '03.  I think they replayed it on the scoreboard 4 or 5 times.

This move is also able to be hit from just going out to the side a bit instead of jacking him overhead.  Simple double overhooks and fists high into the chest.  Move hips into your guy as the lift begins and rotate them through, letting your feet follow through.

that is called a salta

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.