Wrestler moving to Indiana

Shootfirst

We are possably moving to Northern Indiana. My son will be a JR next year and would be interested to know what are the best wrestling school districts to move to. My wife and I are formerly from Laporte and would be most interested in that general area but I also have a possable job transfer I can take to Noblesville.My son has been wrestling for 6 yrs and is on the current #8 ranked team in Tenn.He starts at 135 and was a state Qualifier @ 140 his freshman yr. Also are there any camps or freestyle and greco tournys in the Nortern In. area this summer he could attend.Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His plans are to enter the military upon graduation like his older brothers and he is an average student. Most public schools are up to par with the public school he attends here in TN. This is a realistic response we know what to expect from him scholasticly but would definately not be interested in drug or gang riddled high schools.

May I suggest a nice school with a great academic program that will afford your son - and any other children you may have - with the proper education to further with any potential scholarships he may earn winning out State Title?

Of course there is this Guy named Joe who hangs around some school called Garrett that is always looking for wrestlers and seems to be fairly bright as long as there is a Burger King near by...   :P

If you are looking at the Noblesville area for work then there are several schools within 10 to 15 miles that could be of interest north side of Indianapolis.    Carmel which is close has a very good program. 

How about teams with offseason programs? Here in TN we have a club team with year round workouts and weight training . TSSAA has specific regulations about high school teams here in Tn practicing year round so wrestling for a club team is the only way around this rule.Are there any rules in IN about down time for wrestling.

How about teams with offseason programs? Here in TN we have a club team with year round workouts and weight training . TSSAA has specific regulations about high school teams here in Tn practicing year round so wrestling for a club team is the only way around this rule.Are there any rules in IN about down time for wrestling.

I am sure the rules concerning that are silimer to those in Indiana. Most good school programs offer a freestyle and greco club to go along with the HS tem for the off season. BTW, What is the off season?

There are several clubs in Indianapolis and in northen Indiana that run year round as do a number of school clubs.  We do have some state restrictions but the ISWA groups provide a way to get in extra practice and mat time.   The CIA group on the WEST side of INDY runs a excellant room.  

The University of Tennessee Chattanooga holds open practices on sundays all year long .High school wrestlers workout and drill with college wrestlers and wrestlers from other high schools here in Tn.Are there any universities in In that offer the same opportunty.

The University of Tennessee Chattanooga holds open practices on sundays all year long .High school wrestlers workout and drill with college wrestlers and wrestlers from other high schools here in Tn.Are there any universities in In that offer the same opportunty.

Even during the High School season? dont work out with kids from other schools up here, that is a big nono

Most wrestling programs in IN are much larger than they are here.Practicing with wrestlers from other schools and college wrestlers allow us to improve and not be stuck with the same partners all the time in our teams wrestling room.Yes ,these practices even go on during the regular season they call it sunkist kids wrestling and charge 10$ per practice.It helps the wrestling program and wrestlers at UTC .

Well, if you end up moving to : Da Region", you have many great programs to choose from. You will need to look at each school up there and decide if a larger school, or a smaller school will be the best fit. If you manage to be in town for the state finals, you will see many kids from all size schools representing that area of the state.

If you move into the central Indiana area, you again are faced with a lot of good choices, depending on drive time you want to make to work. The north side offers 4-5 good selections of schools that have ISWA clubs as well as fielding quality high school teams.

One other thing you might want to consider if wrestling is going to be one of the main reasons why you select this school over the other, with everything else being equal, is what semi-state the school goes through, and what weight you project your son to be at next year.

Portage has a state recognized Marine JROTC program.

http://www.portage.k12.in.us/phs/site/default.asp

Well being a former Marine I did not know that Sean, thank you no wonder I like your work ethic and demeanor.

Sir, I would like to say that there are many great schools and wrestling programs in both areas you are speaking about.

Maybe you should make a trip up here to witness our state Finals.

Well if you are moving to Nobelsville sir, then here two main smart choices for your son's wrestling career: Cathedral High School, which has high academics and is a little expensive, or Carmel High School, which doesn't have as much of a well program as Cathedral. Noblesville HS would be very... regretful!

There are several clubs in Indianapolis and in northen Indiana that run year round as do a number of school clubs.  We do have some state restrictions but the ISWA groups provide a way to get in extra practice and mat time.  The CIA group on the WEST side of INDY runs a excellant room. 

CIA also runs year round, in the heart of IN wrestling. THE REGION!!

go to laporte we need the help, traditionally were fairly strong but were down right now. and one of our best guys joined the marines after graduation last year so we definately got recruiters here, and were about halfway between two really good wrestling open rooms at portage and mishawaka

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.