CIA and CIA - NWI

royboy74

I noticed from the rankings that there are a bunch of CIA and CIA-NWI kids ranked #1 or #2 by Indianamat.com

Here is the list:

#1 Brenden Campbell

#2 Cody Phillips

#1 Anthony Hawkins

#2 Camden Eppert

#2 Jason Tsirtsis

#1 Eric Roach

#2 Johnny Dillon

#1 Sammy Bennett

#1 Briar Runyan

#1 Michael Duckworth

#1 Marcus Shrewsbury

I can't wait to see the next crop of kids

And if you expand that out to the top 5 or top 10, the list gets quite long. Coach P knows how to prepare guys for the run that is for sure. I would reccommend anyone that can get their wrestler in to see him and attend his camps, and clinics as often as possible.

I'm not saying anything against CIA.  I've heard a lot of good stuff about CIA, but it is unfair to credit those wrestlers success with CIA alone.  I'm sure all those kids have had a bunch of coaches that have helped them.  I'm sure they all wrestled with a high school club and other places.  This area is really stacked with quality coaches.  That's probably the reason why this area generates a lot of really great wrestlers. 

I'm not saying anything against CIA.  I've heard a lot of good stuff about CIA, but it is unfair to credit those wrestlers success with CIA alone.  I'm sure all those kids have had a bunch of coaches that have helped them.  I'm sure they all wrestled with a high school club and other places.  This area is really stacked with quality coaches.  That's probably the reason why this area generates a lot of really great wrestlers. 

You are correct, giving coach P all the credit would be wrong, and he would be the 1st to tell you that. I can think of 3 distinct times when my sons wrestling has taken a leap forward. The 1st was way back in elementary school when we got invited to go into the CYO program over at Holy Spirit where he recieved some excellent coaching. The second was in middle school when he went and worked out with coach Redd up at LC, and 3rd and most significntly was when he stepped into the room at CIA. There he not only recieved great coaching from coach P, but also had some of the best practice partners in the state. That is what I believe is coach P's secret. He has some outstanding kids in the room, and helps foster a work ethic that is hard nosed, but also fun for the kids. We are blessed with a plethora of great coaches in this area, and throughout the state, but if I could give one piece of advice to parents looking to find that little something extra, contact coach P, if it is in there, he will help you find it. The one constant in all three instances where Nick has improved has been there were great workout partners in each of these rooms, and they all worked hard, and then played hard and knew that you have to have fun as well as beat em up practices.

Warren Dad    you sound like Pendoski. Humility is one of the greatest virtues that he practices and teaches. The truth is Indiana Wrestling is very lucky to have CIA under the guidance of not only a great coach but great teacher and an even greater human being. If you have dreams of being a great wrestler Pendoski will  give you the tools and the rest is up to you. He can not make you into a STATE CHAMP but he will nurture the "dream".    "NO SECRETS" here great coaches produce great kids and ultimately CHAMPIONS !! This guy is at the top of the list !!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.