Most dominatimg performance at state

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of my favorites has to be the first time I saw Tsirtsis under the lights as a freshman.  He may not have been as dominant, but his win in the semi's over Phu Hong of Lawrence Central certainly was an indicator of things to come.

I remember seeing Radnovich in 98 and he was a beast hands down.  I remember hearing at that time that during the season he pinned everyone he faced except for an injury default and possibly one tech.  I am not for certain, but someone else on site could correct me if i'm wrong.

I remember seeing that he beat Ian Spearman by a close decision, 4-3 I believe, in the Semi-State finals that year.  He sure was a beast at State that year.  I remember Aaron Ramey from Prarie Heights throwing him to his back in the firt period of their semi-finals match, and Radnavich bridging and throwing Ramey to his own back for the fall in what appeared to be before any nearfall was scored.

Anton Talamantes pinned three of his four opponents at state(189).  What was also impressive was he won state his junior year at 215.  Alot of weight to cut!

Yea he had to run from DJ Radnovich to win that 2nd state title!

Didn't Anton defeat Radnovich at 215 at state when they were both juniors?  He cut because he was planning to wrestle 197 in college, not hwt.

Anton Talamantes pinned three of his four opponents at state(189).  What was also impressive was he won state his junior year at 215.  Alot of weight to cut!

Yea he had to run from DJ Radnovich to win that 2nd state title!

Why would he run from him?  Talamantes beat him in the semi-finals on his junior year.

edit:  Hammer beat me to it.

Matt Wills HWT South Bend Riley 1991.  Friday night he tech falled John Ison of Randolph Southern 19-4.  On saturday he pinned Tony Roush of Eastbrook 1:18, pinned Steve Cleary of Whiteland 2:23, and in the finals pinned Frank Hammond of Perry Meridian in :53.

Not the most dominating but impressive.....

Chris Cooper from Whiteland 17-0 Tech Friday night setting a new state tournament techfall time.....  round 1 saturday techfall again breaking the record from the night before...... Beat Alex Dolly by 2 or 3 then beat Dan Bedoy in the finals...

One of the most dominating performances I've  seen was Chad Ruggeri:

Chad Ruggeri (34-0), Mount Vernon (12) vs. Justin Bischoff (25-13), Franklin County (12), Fall, :46.

Chad Ruggeri (35-0), Mount Vernon (12) def. Joshua Turner (39-6), Hammond Morton (12), Fall, 1:14

Chad Ruggeri (36-0), Mount Vernon (12) def. David Benner (45-2), Benton Central (12), Technical Fall, 5:08 (17-1).

Chad Ruggeri (37-0), Mount Vernon (12) def. Dexter Larimore (49-3), Merrillville (10), Fall, 1:10

He truly impressed me in the semis, Benner was tough and to put up that many points on him was remarkable

coughlin in his senior year pinned i cant remember who in about 1:30 or so in the finals

I think it was Bryan Deutsch from Columbia City.

Yeah, it was. And if we are going by just state finals match dominance...JT Young his senior year versus the Lawrence Central guy. JT pinned him quick.

Not the most dominating but impressive.....

Chris Cooper from Whiteland 17-0 Tech Friday night setting a new state tournament techfall time.....  round 1 saturday techfall again breaking the record from the night before...... Beat Alex Dolly by 2 or 3 then beat Dan Bedoy in the finals...

Did Bedoy ever end up winning a state title?

No, Bedoy beat himself out of a state title with a head butt against Cooper in 2002.

The final score was 2-1. The penalty point cost him a overtime and a shot at the title.

TheAncientElder (TAE)

The Imperial Potentate and Grand Poobah of Classless wrestling in Indiana.

I wear my Fez with pride.

www.theancientelder.net

James "Bubba" Dickerson from New Castle and won all four mathes by pin in a total time that was (don't know if it still is) the record.  He was pretty darn dominant.

I upset some folks when I say he was the best to come from New Castle.  Most went with Mac Taylor, but Dickerson's pure dominance was unbelievable that entire season!!!

James "Bubba" Dickerson from New Castle and won all four mathes by pin in a total time that was (don't know if it still is) the record.  He was pretty darn dominant.

I upset some folks when I say he was the best to come from New Castle.  Most went with Mac Taylor, but Dickerson's pure dominance was unbelievable that entire season!!!

Who did you upset?  Best is a relative thing.  Even comparing wrestlers from year to year in the same weight classes is tough enough, but comparing small to big is next to impossible.

BY the way....I always thought I was the best to come out of NC.  (LOL)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.