Famous Duo's

Scout101

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In just looking at Duos, I think Will Hill and Vernon Cannon stand out to me.  Both graduated the same year and finished 1st and 2nd respectively at state their senior years.  But what I think makes them a great Duo for this discussion is that their team wasnt that strong.  It was basically a 1-2 punch of Hill and Cannon.

Dont get me wrong all the above mentioned "duos", "trios", or teams are all deserving.

Will Hill had a huge fan base from EMD especially after beating James Brimm of Evansville Central in (I believe) 95 state championship semifinals. I ended up meeting his cousin who went to USI a year later pretty cool dude.

Both Will and Vernon were both class acts.  I happen to be sitting near the EMD section of Market Square Arena that year and just about needed ear plugs when they went nuts over Will beating Brimm.

You could also throw in the quad, or 2 sets of duo's that Mater Dei had in 03

Titles at 45, 52, 60, and 71 with Weinzapfel, Dustin Nosko, Sam Wildeman, and Maurer

8 titles between the 4.  Talk about a tough lineup to crack.

In just looking at Duos, I think Will Hill and Vernon Cannon stand out to me.  Both graduated the same year and finished 1st and 2nd respectively at state their senior years.  But what I think makes them a great Duo for this discussion is that their team wasnt that strong.  It was basically a 1-2 punch of Hill and Cannon.

Dont get me wrong all the above mentioned "duos", "trios", or teams are all deserving.

Will Hill had a huge fan base from EMD especially after beating James Brimm of Evansville Central in (I believe) 95 state championship semifinals. I ended up meeting his cousin who went to USI a year later pretty cool dude.

It's always nice to have EMD on your side

Both Will and Vernon were both class acts.  I happen to be sitting near the EMD section of Market Square Arena that year and just about needed ear plugs when they went nuts over Will beating Brimm.

Y2 hit on a topic of good wrestlers making not so good teammates great because they practice together.

My famous duo

Curt Kinser and Paul Young.....152-160

bloomington south

The thing about Kurt and Paul is that they are still a dynamic duo at the collegiate level...and will be for a few more years. How many of these duos took it to the next level?

You could also throw in the quad, or 2 sets of duo's that Mater Dei had in 03

Titles at 45, 52, 60, and 71 with Weinzapfel, Dustin Nosko, Sam Wildeman, and Maurer

8 titles between the 4.  Talk about a tough lineup to crack.

Yeah but 4 of those 8 belong to Blake Maurer, I have to agree and say Paul Young and Kurt Kinser

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.