Great Spots to eat in Indy

ontherise219

Hey ArmyVet I tried to check out yats.com cause I love mudbugs but it didn't work.  I did find however  www.yatscajuncreole.com.  Looks great....Thanks.  I will definately try it out in the future.

That's the one.  Sorry for the wrong web address.  It's awesome food though.  I ate at the one in Fishers last night.  My 1.5 year old niece loved it.  :)

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 weeks later...

Someone mentioned bazbeaux pizza (which is barely within walking distance), so let me just tell you right now that if you are a 219er you're going to be very disappointed. Indy just doesn't have good pizza. Best bet for pizza in indy is donato's, which is a chain. To add something constructive to the thread, I would suggest au bon pain on the circle. Its more of a healthy eating place, but their sanwiches are very tasty.its where you go if you don't want to feel bloated when you get back to your seats.  Yats is very good too, but its a long walk, probably at least 25 mins.

If you are willing to drive just a few minutes to eat, then head south a couple miles on West street (near Lucas Oil stadium) and look for the Ice House.  Lit almost completely by neon signs inside, service is jaw-dropping fast, and the breaded tenderloin is about 6 inches across any way you spin it.  A monster sandwich, but delicious.

If anyone is going to be staying overnight and wants a unique treat, head down to Fountain Square (just southeast of downtown) and try out the Duckpin bowling in their retro-alley.  Fun for adults and the kids will love it too.

If you are willing to drive just a few minutes to eat, then head south a couple miles on West street (near Lucas Oil stadium) and look for the Ice House.  Lit almost completely by neon signs inside, service is jaw-dropping fast, and the breaded tenderloin is about 6 inches across any way you spin it.  A monster sandwich, but delicious.

If anyone is going to be staying overnight and wants a unique treat, head down to Fountain Square (just southeast of downtown) and try out the Duckpin bowling in their retro-alley.  Fun for adults and the kids will love it too.

Duckpin bowling at Fountain Square is good for a night out for all agest.  However I'm not sure how late it stays open compared to the state meet ending.  If you do want to go make the reservation for the lanes soon though or they will be gone.

You guys have it all wrong. Why travel? For a mere $8 you can get a cold hot dog, another $6 gets you a ice filled soda, $10 more they will set you up with a pretzel($1.50 more for cheese), and to top it off a $5.o0 shaved ice. The best part is you never have to leave Conseco! 8)

You guys have it all wrong. Why travel? For a mere $8 you can get a cold hot dog, another $6 gets you a ice filled soda, $10 more they will set you up with a pretzel($1.50 more for cheese), and to top it off a $5.o0 shaved ice. The best part is you never have to leave Conseco! 8)

they also have Waffle Fries.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.