Great Spots to eat in Indy

ontherise219

I loved how this took off for the Al Smith With Great places to get food. So where 35 days out lets here some Suggestions. For me Sat. at Lunch I'm one for Dick's Bodacious BBQ. The pulled pork and the brisket are the best.

Dicks Bodacious BBQ

50 N. Pennsylvania St.

Indianapolis, IN 46204

(317)916-9600 Fax:(317)916-9605

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

P.F. Changs is located at circle centre mall.

The lettuce wrap appetizers are fantastic.

The prices are pretty decent too.

Two years ago at State I went to Dick's as well.  Great food and the adult beverages made the time fly. lol. Is Dick's still there?

Don;t forget.... there is always Hooters

Why in the world would you ever go there? 

In what capacity do you volunteer..that is very commendable. 

Sweet OTR, if Dicks is still open that will prolly be my destination.

hooters was more of a joke... although i did once sneak away there during a church outing when i was in the youth group hahahahahaha. I must say I was rather disapointed in the food, then again I guess food isn't the reason why people really go there. But I haven't been back on oh... 8 years.

anyway... I am a chaplain at a hospital in carmel... not cause I am such a great person... but because it is part of a program I must do to grad from seminary.

Anyway... a real suggestion would be Chipotle Grill, they are on they are on the norther outskirts or Indy.

hooters was more of a joke... although i did once sneak away there during a church outing when i was in the youth group hahahahahaha. I must say I was rather disapointed in the food, then again I guess food isn't the reason why people really go there. But I haven't been back on oh... 8 years.

anyway... I am a chaplain at a hospital in carmel... not cause I am such a great person... but because it is part of a program I must do to grad from seminary.

Anyway... a real suggestion would be Chipotle Grill, they are on they are on the norther outskirts or Indy.

Gosh Pin I had no Idea I didn't mean to put you on the spot about Hooters.  I was just playin'.  Congrats on Seminary..........I'm married to a PK. 

Lets keep the suggestions downtown shall we.  That is where we will be afterall.

They just opened a Scotty's Brewhouse downtown.  It's off of Virginia Ave if I'm not mistaken.  Reasonably priced and good food.  I usually do the build a burger with bison (it's got less fat), pepper jack cheese, jalapenos, Spicy BBQ sauce and Mofo Mustard.  Wash it down with one of their 25-30 beers on tap and you have yourself a dinner and a bill around $15-$18.  Of course they have a few other things on the menu. 

www.scottysbrewhouse.com  to check it out.

Downtown Indy - 1 Virginia Avenue

(1 block North of Conseco Fieldhouse on Pennsylvania Avenue)

(317) 571-0808 (317) 571-0909 facsimile

P.F. Changs is located at circle centre mall.

The lettuce wrap appetizers are fantastic.

The prices are pretty decent too.

Two years ago at State I went to Dick's as well.  Great food and the adult beverages made the time fly. lol. Is Dick's still there?

The mall has some great places to eat and after your done eating, you can walk it off and go look at all the stores they have, there are so many.

My son has been to Jillian's.  He said they have a pretty cool atmosphere and decent food.  I think it is supposed to have 3 tiers with a bunch to do besides eat.  I don't know from personal experience though since I haven't been there.

Jillian's is a nice change. They have three floors that include a bar/restaurant, bowling alley, pool tables and a rather large arcade. If you are looking for a little change Jillian's is a good place to spend your break time. I'm not sure of the exact address without looking it up online but it is on Meridian just south of the circle.

Some other fine downtown eateries include:

Weber Grill - www.webergrillrestaurant.com (Corner of Washington and Illinois)

Buca de Beppo - www.bucadibeppo.com‎ (Market and Illinois - next to P.F. Changs)

Ram Restaurant and Brewery - www.theram.com‎ (Illinois between Georgia and Maryland) **Brew their own beer**

Rock Bottom Brewery - www.rockbottom.com (Washington between Meridian and Illinois) **Brew their own beer**

Those are just a few suggestions. If you want a detailed map feel free to look at this PDF: http://www.indy.org/files/map/RestaurantMap.pdf

5 weeks away...

I will let oldmanofthemat know about that. I sat with him the other night at CE/CN match. We just might meet you there if you bring J. Where has he been anyway?

I'm a busy man!

Claddagh is always nice.  I'd vote for one of the 3 brew pubs right there in the vicinity (Rock Bottom, Ram, Alcatraz), though.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.