Team State

Tito Santana

Man, you move to the great white north of Michigan and turn your back on the IHSAA, and next thing you know Team Semi-State is gone.  Not that I am sad to see it gone.  What new teams are good possibilities to make it out because of the realignment?  Are there any traditional state powers that will be knocked out before State because of the change?

Many around my area were not happy to see Memorial have to meet Mishawaka to earn the trip.  On the other hand, there are some of us that have been waiting for these two teams to wrestle a dual for quite some time.  There was a storied rivalry back in the '80's & 90's between these two.  Maybe the proximity of the two will create a little more interest than wrestling a team on the edge of the state in the go round?!

Well, I can tell ya the people from the Shelbyville (warren central this year) sectional were thrilled that we dont have to go to Perry again. The representative will have to wrestle a very tough New castle, and some rather tough teams from the Columbus, Seymour, and Jennings county sectionals.

A list of teams that feed into the Seymour super regional

22.  Warren Central (10): Beech Grove, Eastern Hancock, Franklin Central, Greenfield-Central, Mount Vernon (Fortville), New Palestine, Roncalli, Shelbyville, Triton Central, Warren Central.

23.  Shenandoah (11): Blue River Valley, Cambridge City Lincoln, Centerville, Hagerstown, Knightstown, New Castle, Northeastern, Richmond, Rushville, Shenandoah, Tri.

24.  South Dearborn (9): Batesville, Connersville, East Central, Franklin County, Greensburg, Lawrenceburg, Milan, South Dearborn, Union County.

28.  Jennings County (9): Bedford North Lawrence, Brown County, Columbus East, Columbus North, Jennings County, Madison, Seymour, Scottsburg, Southwestern (Hanover).

In case you need to know what sectionals feed into your super regional.

1.   Portage: Calumet, Crown Point, East Chicago Central, LaPorte.

2.   Jimtown: Elkhart Memorial, Mishawaka, Plymouth, Westview.

3.   Adams Central: Carroll (Fort Wayne), Delta, Jay County, New Haven.

4.   Peru: Lafayette Jefferson, Oak Hill, Peru, Twin Lakes.

5.   North Montgomery: Crawfordsville, Hamilton Heights, Lawrence Central, Zionsville.

6.   Greencastle: Avon, Decatur Central, Mooresville, Northview.

7.   Seymour: Jennings County, Shenandoah, South Dearborn, Warren Central.

8.   Jasper: Castle, Evansville Central, Jeffersonville, Southridge.

Peru gets a lot weaker regional with this new draw.  I also would have kept the teams that feed into the same semi state in the same two regionals.  I would have had 4 regionals, one for each semi state, and advanced the top two teams from it.   

yes and either Bellmont or Yorktown stays home. both desreve to be their ahead of Peru

No, neither of them deserve to be there ahead of a team that won on the tournament trail laid out in front of them. I am sure that many years a quality team  has been left behind because Perry was so dominant, or an LN or Cath. team got left home, because they faced each other in the sectionals, and then again in the regionals.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.