Bracket busters and surprise state champs

Mr. RIght

Both Shrewsbury and Stahl making the finals broke a few vrackets last year.  Shrews couldn't beat Salas, but Stahl did and Stahl couldn't beat Konrath, but Shrews did.

That is why I have Hodges winning 189 he beat both Salas (dec) and Konrath (pin) last year on Sat.

He is smooth.

Two years ago Miguel Perez from SB Riley was a huge bracket buster.  He got 4th at sectionals, 3rd at regionals, 4th at semi-state, then he went to Indy Friday night beat a semi-state champion friday night, beat Tonte when he was at 103, then he went for 3rd and beat Nelsen.  That in my mind was a huge bracket buster.

Xcard 82 was my first time to State. Fernando Trevino caught fire at the right time. He was unstoppable on his feet. Another surprise in 89 was Omar Martin who seemed to sneak by in every round.I remember in the semis he spent at least the last minute of the match on his back and still won.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.