Cathedral vs Perry PBP

Dingo Brigade

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Please explain why McGinley, who scored 2 points, should have "prolly" won over Tasseff, who scored 3.  That is a silly game you can play to manufacture whatever outcome you desire. Let me give you an example...Cathedral "prolly" should have pinned at all 14 weight classes and won 84-0. Accept the results as they are, keep doing the things that worked and work to improve what didn't.

Yeah, sorry Thornton. This clearly isn't a Cathedral student or alum. No one that attends there or has attended there would ever use a word like "prolly".

Tasseff was impressive in his victory over Gavin. He protected his first period takedown well for the remainder of the match. I was surprised with that outcome and I think he frustrated Gavin. I was also surprised how fast he escaped in the 3rd.

Also, not convinced Charlie McGinley could have beaten Simmons outright. The gamble to get Wright and Grey down a class paid off. Cooke's cradle is ridiculously scary. I think you give up 6 there no matter the  foe.   

Cathedral maybe could have run the table on perry it could have prolly been bad

Well it looks like Coach Tonte should be thankful that they let Perry win some of those matches.  I am sure Perry appreciates it.

Nothing against Cathedral, just the poster.

I will respectfully disagree on your opinion of the Richards - Poling contest. Neither wrestler took a shot for 6 minutes, but Poling won the pushing contest. Simple as that. If Richards would have circled once or twice at the edge instead of backing out, he could have circumvented the second stalling call. Typical heavyweight match with little action.

;D You may very well be correct, and for all I know you may also have been the fan that I referred to in my post that pointed out to me that Richards had already been hit with a stall call earlier. :)  I just thought that the Freshman showed well for himself by still being in the match 1-1 with regulation time expiring against a much longer, lankier Senior who most would have expected to dominate, but didn't, and maybe couldn't.

Which goes back to Y2's initial observation that as a Freshman @ 189, that's not too shaggy.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.