best in the TEC

PITBULL

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am pretty sure that once you weigh above a certain weight class you cannot drop back down to that weight class.  He would still have to weigh in no more than 173 pounds on Saturday to wrestle the 171 pound weight class in the state tournament.

Hound,  you might be right about that, I don't know for certain.  I just know you need 6 official weigh-ins with one being at scratch weight in the particular class for sectionals and so on.  I do't mean to make this sound like an arguement.

As far as sleepers go, I'll say the 130's will provide.

Duck is going 189 for conference at the coaches request.It's kinda like taking one for the team scenario.Mike has had 29 actual matches this season with 28 falls and 1 tech fall 3 of those matches were at 189.Individually the tec title is not that important as a team it is.Also this gives Mike the opportunity to wrestle some better competition maybe before he starts the state tourney.Hound 133 the way Coach Briggs explained it to me was as along as Mike doesn't weigh in more than 175 this week He can still go 171 at sectional next week.Which is exactly what I got from Coach Pecks post/question when he says within 2 and 1/2 pounds of  173 which would be 175 and 1/2 Coach Peck is one of the big wigs in the IHSWCA coaches association and has been involved in Indiana wrestling for several years I would  say he knows what he's talking about.Someone who knows what the exact ruling on this please chime in and give us all some clarity. Or  maybe Mike goes ahead and weighs in above 175 and wrestles 189 the rest of the year.Boy what a bunch of nutty nutty craziness the TEC seeding meeting has brought upon us. Now I'm going to have to go back and edit my post with my predictions

Duck is going 189 for conference at the coaches request.It's kinda like taking one for the team scenario.Mike has had 29 actual matches this season with 28 falls and 1 tech fall 3 of those matches were at 189.Individually the tec title is not that important as a team it is.Also this gives Mike the opportunity to wrestle some better competition maybe before he starts the state tourney.Hound 133 the way Coach Briggs explained it to me was as along as Mike doesn't weigh in more than 175 this week He can still go 171 at sectional next week.Which is exactly what I got from Coach Pecks post/question when he says within 2 and 1/2 pounds of  173 which would be 175 and 1/2 Coach Peck is one of the big wigs in the IHSWCA coaches association and has been involved in Indiana wrestling for several years I would  say he knows what he's talking about.Someone who knows what the exact ruling on this please chime in and give us all some clarity. Or  maybe Mike goes ahead and weighs in above 175 and wrestles 189 the rest of the year.Boy what a bunch of nutty nutty craziness the TEC seeding meeting has brought upon us. Now I'm going to have to go back and edit my post with my predictions

I did not mean to stir up anything.  Coach Briggs has Mike's wieght info and I am sure he will have him in the right places at the right times.

I don't feel as you  were stirring the pot at all coach Peck all I want to know is if he weighs anywhere between 162.1 and 175 even at  conference this week and wrestles 189  will he be able to wrestle 171 next week at sectionals does this sound correct

UCDAD- Duck must within the 1.5% he is allowed to lose from the 171 or in this case 173 with the 2lbs.  He gets 1.5% per week.  So according to his body fat test what ever that 1.5% is from 173, thats the limit he will be able to be at come weigh ins.  If not he will be inelegiable for 171 and must go up.

Its a dirty deed for a coach to call someone on it, but I assure you IT HAS HAPPENED!  There are some posts on it dealing with Mishawaka and a couple others . 

Be safe about it, have duck make 173 flat and call it a day.  That way there is no reason to have to deal with any of the crap that some coach may try to pull with this down the line to help there kid out because they cant beat ducky.

Coach Peck was giving the suttle hint to watch where he is at, because it has been challenged and Im sure of course that the great mice on the wheel in his head was turning at a high rate of speed to decide what he needs to do to get his kids in the right positions to do well also.  This isnt his first Rodeo...lol  He has several big sparkly belt buckles to prove it, all in the shape of Indiana..lol

Coach A

CoachA.....I am not sure what weight Mike is at affects us much unless he can lose down alot lower than 171.

UCDad.....175 should leave him with some room to spare.  I am sure Coach Briggs knows the the exact number...he is a pretty good man/coach

Coaches,  I ask anyone anywhere to  copy/paste/ refer all of us to the rule that states that a wrestler can only loose  1.5% per week.  The ONLY thing we have to go on  is  some BS  decision  that Bobby Cox ruled on on a kid from Mishawaka.  And because they can not even understand or realize the need for wrestlbacks at the Semi-State level  clearly leads me to believe they do not understand wrestling  let alone  interpret rules of the sport. 

You may find information in the IHSAA.org website click on wrestling and you will find a 16 page packet  describing the weight loss and skin conditions.    I am sure all coaches reading this  I am boring but  this needs to be better understood.      After  body fat and hydration test have been done  and plugged into the national system there is a  form given back for each individual wrestler letting coaches/parents/wrestlers  know  what their alpha weight is.  and  THEN  and ONLY THEN  is a  1.5%  AVERAGE  given for the wrestler to meet their alpha weight.    The wrester can not weigh in below their projected weight of the weight loss program for that given week AND have it be a qualifying weigh in for the state series.   

So as long as he/she  makes their six qualifying weigh ins  and one scratch weight  and one qualifying weigh in  in the month of January    AND  they do not wrestle in MORE than one weight class above there certified weight.  they are good to go  no matter whatthey weigh the week prior to  sectional.    I will make three more small points then wait for all the replies telling me how far off base i am.

1.      The 16 page packet i reference above  actually says  and AVERAGE  of  1.5% per week  not  1.5 % per week.  So i am assuming  Duck  made  171 at the classic  and 173 at NEW PAL,  173  at North Central,  173 for Centerville and Winchester    that is over a period of  5 weeks.      if he weighed  in  at    180 lbs for the tec  that is  7 lbs  over 173    7  lbs devided by a 5 week average    check me on my math please  7/173  =  4.0462 %  /  5 weeks  =  .8092.% wich is less than your  1.5% average.

2.      Lets assume  everyone but me is correct on this.  i have  a 103 lb wrestler  who now is allowed a the 2 lb allowance.  and his team wins sectional  and moves on to team regional where the state gives him  an additional pound and he uses that lb he is given and weighs  106.0.    do you realize what everyone is saying with the 1.5 % he is not eligible for individual regonal  because he would not be alble to loose  1.5% of the 106 wgt.  over three days  (  106 X1.5%=  1.56lbs  devided by  3 days  =  .22 per day allowed)    so by Saturday  the lowest he could be  is  105.34.    UHHHHHHHHHHHHH  anyone see a problem here?

3.  and last but not least  the wrestler would STILL be able wrestle for all those out there that would like to see certain individuals not be able to participate.  the penalty is on the coach and he would not be able to coach at the next event. 

ok  im done   

Alright, tired of hearing all this crap about weight.

I don't think Duck would do it if he couldn't.  I'm sure his coaches understand what is going on.

LET IT BE.  They ain't dumb and neither is Duck.  SO drop it.

But back to the topic of the kids and the sport.  Are there any upsets for a Number 1 seed or Number 2 seed first round?

What are other peoples ideas and picks now that the brackets are out?

You Union County Guys are always making smart moves in the lineup.  Nice move gentlemen.  Also, good luck to all the wrestlers at Conference this weekend,especially UC  ;).  It's always a blast and full of competitors.  On a final note, after competing in the TEC, and then coaching in other conferences in Indiana and Illinois, I'd like to congratulate the conference on it's continued success in the realm of fan support.  The TEC has some of the best fans in the sport bar none.  You should feel good about this, as it plays a major factor in keeping kids motivated and involved.  

On that note, does anyone know the whereabouts of MFD 13?  He used to be a mainstay in the old TEC conversations and now he is nowhere to be found.  Just wondering.

Good luck to all TEC teams . Here are my picks for the finals and 3rd and 4th

103  UnCo vs Win,  Cv vs. T  all seeds finish the same 

112 I will take Finley here over James. Julian over Cv

119 T vs. Win(could be a good match) CV 3rd

125 T vs. Hag  all seeds finish the same

130  All seeds finish the same

135 Close weight class, maybe best one! I will go with Uphaus, but there are 2 possible sleepers Cv vs. UnCo and Lin vs. T

140  Leeka vs. Shnieder  Cv vs. Win

145  gesell over millsaps in another good match, and Tri vs. Lin. No upsets here..............

152 Becker over Jones and Bane over Luster

160 No upsets

171 Bradburn over fletcher, and Win. or Tri

189 Duck , Rosson, Babcock, Hutchinson

215 Win vs. Cv, and UnCo vs. Tri

285  No upsets

UnCo 4 Champs  Win. has 4 Champs  Tri 3 champs  Cv, NE, and UnCi have 1 champ

UnCo has 3 2nds  Win. has 4 2nds  Cv has 4 2nds

Winchester 1st, UnCo 2nd Tri 3rd Cville 4th

Snatch Single, "Wow, either Duckworth is a smart or the coaches.

That is one way to ensure that Winchester doesn't win the title again.

I thought Union County had a very good chance to begin with, but now it is a lock."

WC-1st  C-Ville-2nd UCO-3rd

Another wrong prediction congrats snatch :)

Hey I was way off too...... except Winchester was going to win it.

Centerville(11 placers, 3 champs), Hagerstown( 7 placers), and Lincoln(5 placers) really stepped it up.

103 All Phillips WOW!  All seeds the same except 4th

112 Great Job to Findley 

119 1st seed wins, 2nd seed 4th, 3rd seed 2nd, 4th seed 3rd ???

125 Leeka(32-0 on the season) Taresh(3 seed) gets beat by Brown(UCi) then beats him for 3rd!! 4th seed DNP

130 1seed 1st, 2 seed 3rd, 3 seed 2nd, and 4th seed DNP Baker of Lincoln had a great day!!

135 Best overall weight class with Keifer leading the way. 1 seed 2nd, 2 seed 1st, 3 seed 3rd, and 4th DNP

140 1 seed 1st, 2 seed DNP, 3 seed 2nd, 4th seed 3rd  Leeka was good and so was Enright, Duebel, and Rice

145 Gesell is in the Zone.  1 seed 1st, 2seed 4th, 3 seed 2nd, and 4th seed 3rd

152 Becker rolls. 1-1, 2-4, 3-2, and 4-3 ::)

160 Richardson wins a big one for Centerville.

get more later...

103- Philips (UCo), Phenis (W), Milliron ©, Terriquez (UCi)

112- Findley(UCo), James (W), Julian (H), VanCamp ©

119- Terhaar (W), Kearney©, Walters(UCi), Parish (T)

125- Leeka (T), Sartain (H), Taresh©, Brown (UCi)

130- Simmons (W), Baker (L), Ward (UCo), Colvin (H)

135- Uphaus ©, Rogers (UCo), Sells (UCi), Dines (W)

140- Leeka (T), Enright ©, Duebel (L), Rice (NE)

145- Gesell (UCo), Harris (L), Wilkey (T), Millsaps ©

152- Becker (NE), Luster (L), Bane (H), Jones (W)

160-Richardson ©, Holcomb (W), Hall (UCo), Ryckman (T)

171- Bradburn (UCi), Bolser (W), Patton (H), Fletcher ©

189- Duckworth (UCo), Rosson (W), Babcock ©, Hutchison (UCi)

215- Schaekel ©, Fodrea (W), Mofield (H), Finch (UCo)

275- Chalfant (W), Lumpkin (UCo), Wysong (H), Vought (T)

Congratulations to all the placing wrestlers, especially the champs, on a great day of compitition.

A special congratulations goes to the Winchester Golden Falcons for claiming their second title in as many years.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.