ASK THE RANKINGS GUY..

RankingsGuy

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It keeps you busy?  I am pretty sure you were already busy before you took on the challenge.  :o

I would like to say that you do an outstanding job.  Keep up the good work.

I agree...just how much time do you spend on it Rankings Guy if you don't mind my askin'?

ff

In the beginning I spent countless hours getting everyone at the right weight classes and getting all the original information set.  Now that I have most of the info on hand and the good kids are either already ranked or on the watch list, I just need to update every weekends tournaments in the notable wins/losses and change the kids' rankings.  That said, my time is now down to about 6 hours every Sunday after a weekend of competitions, and another hour or two during the week with dual meets.

why is campbell ahead of phillips at 103? is it because of campbell pinning Stewart, or is it something else? i don't really have any personal attachment either way, i just figured phillips would move to #1 after Connersville

Yea Campbell has 2 very impressive falls on the year, and is an absolutely huge 103, so I gave him the nod over Phillips

I haven't seen Campbell, but Phillips is certainly not little by any means! As a matter of fact, he's one of the biggest 103s I've seen in recent times, especially for a freshman. Anyone else second that one?

I'll second that, seems hard to believe he is only 103

How do you feel about about people who talk there self up on the board. Does that get you ranked? Does it help at all?

I do take biases into account whenever I receive info.  So to answer the question, no it doesn't necessarily get you ranked, but if the facts are there and the kid deserves to be ranked, then getting his information out there is helpful.  However, that being said, I actually scrutinize the info that people provide about themselves more closely than from any other source.

How do you feel about about people who talk there self up on the board. Does that get you ranked? Does it help at all?

I do take biases into account whenever I receive info.  So to answer the question, no it doesn't necessarily get you ranked, but if the facts are there and the kid deserves to be ranked, then getting his information out there is helpful.  However, that being said, I actually scrutinize the info that people provide about themselves more closely than from any other source.

I removed the post because I didn't like the way I worded it

How do you drop Graber (189) down to 3rd from 2nd when he's still undefeated and has been moving up and down between 189 and 215?

This question was already asked by Royboy and answered earlier in this very same topic.

I got it now.  Thanks.  I missed that earlier thread.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.