ASK THE RANKINGS GUY..

RankingsGuy

It looks like you will have another fun 130 rankings.  You always have Harper, but now a young man beat the #1 and #2 guy in the same day.  Your job just keeps getting easier and easier!  ::) 

When will the next updates occur?

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's probably not even going to rank the weight class!

Rankings Guy,

What is your favorite value meal at Burger King?

just tried the angry whopper.  i was less than impressed.

I think it is incredibly cruel what they show those onions going through on the commercials!    ;D

I'm sure the  ranking of high school wrestlers is a daunting task, but Moats drops all the way to 10th by losing to a probable 171 finalist who was ranked ahead of him at the time they wrestled (which would seem to me that he should probably lose anyway), Browner goes from unranked to 11th, Phelps wins his conference title and falls out of the rankings.  Like I said earlier it it must be an overwhelming undertaking but the rankings seem confusing at times.

I'm sure the  ranking of high school wrestlers is a daunting task, but Moats drops all the way to 10th by losing to a probable 171 finalist who was ranked ahead of him at the time they wrestled (which would seem to me that he should probably lose anyway), Browner goes from unranked to 11th, Phelps wins his conference title and falls out of the rankings.  Like I said earlier it it must be an overwhelming undertaking but the rankings seem confusing at times.

Moats did not "fall" after his loss to Atwood this weekend.  He has been 10th for awhile now.  Caleb Browner avenged an early season loss to then #11 John McAndrew of Floyd Central.  This avenged loss moved Browner back into the top 16 and the wrestler in the 16th spot, Mike Phelps, was squeezed out and dropped back down to the "watch list".  Hope this sorts out any confusion you may have had.

rankings guy, will you continue to update rankings once the state tournament begins?

ff

I have talked to Y2 and the team and they have urged that the rankings which come out right before the sectionals will be the last ones that I publish for the season.  Since the goal of these were to rank the 16 best wrestlers in the state, not the 16 that will make it to state, we as a team felt that this would be a good time to end the rankings.  I am, however, thinking about starting a new segment during the post-season which may incorporate some sort of rankings/predictions, but I really can't put anything together in my mind right now about what that might be.  If anyone has any suggestions, please feel free to post them.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.