Records on rankings

old82

Because they change too much to keep it up to date.  Wrestling coaches are very secretive about information like this so it is very hard to gather the accurate data. 

lol...why does everything have to be a secret? 

This is one thing that Hungus and I were talking about this weekend.  We are our own worst enemies sometimes.  You can find who the leading rusher for all high school football teams or the leading rebounder of the basketball team is.  Why can't you find out who leads the team/state in wins or takedowns? 

I would love to have records on the rankings, but I don't believe in putting something on there that is not going to be very accurate.

State Leaders in Wins, Fall, Takedowns and such would be an impressive feat that would be next to impossible to pull off....but Y2 is right, accuracy would become an issue, and who ever was in charge of putting State Leader Stats together, would probably get 1000 emails and Im's a day stating the kid at number 3 has 34 wins and not 32! It would get rather frustrating at times....I catch enough flack from my own teams parents keeping our stats up to date!

It could probably be considered a full time job to have to constantly be collecting records from all the wrestling programs in the state..With dual meets taking place 3 to 4 days a week and numerous tourneys every saturday, having the task to gather and update all that info would be insane!

Yes it would.  We would also have to have a torturer to pry the information from all the coaches.  TSkin earlier this year wanted to start keeping track of things like this, but got very little response.  Its a great idea, but without near 100% participation, its going to look silly.

If football coaches can keep track of TACKLES, which is THE MOST SUBJECTIVE STAT THERE IS IN ANY SPORT, we can put together season stats for Takedowns, Escapes, Reversals, ect.   I've got mine ready...whenever you need em JC!!!

I have all of that information for Columbus East also.  I'm sure most coaches have access to that information, however the difficulty is getting every team to report the information.

If football coaches can keep track of TACKLES, which is THE MOST SUBJECTIVE STAT THERE IS IN ANY SPORT, we can put together season stats for Takedowns, Escapes, Reversals, ect.   I've got mine ready...whenever you need em JC!!!

One slight difference would be that most football teams only have one game per week and several people doing stats during and after the game for them.  That gives them several days to organize stats for one game.  Wrestling on the other hand has several meets in a weekend and/or some during the week with usually only one person trying to do stats after they are doing with coaching duties.  If the wrestling team only has one or two coaches that is a lot more to do for them compared to a one game a week multi-staff football program.  You take that into consideration and its is easly to see why several teams have a little harder time keeping up with stats compared to the football counterparts.  Most coaches probably do get the stats organized by the end of the year events, but I would say many are a week or so behind until those events are close.  I'm sure thats not the sole reason stats are not reported to places like this, however it does make a difference.

This is one thing that Hungus and I were talking about this weekend.  We are our own worst enemies sometimes.  You can find who the leading rusher for all high school football teams or the leading rebounder of the basketball team is.  Why can't you find out who leads the team/state in wins or takedowns? 

I would love to have records on the rankings, but I don't believe in putting something on there that is not going to be very accurate.

I looked at about 25 team sites to find the takedowns records I have on the other post. for the top 30 But how accurate are they

I looked at about 25 team sites to find the takedowns records I have on the other post. for the top 30 But how accurate are they

You would have to list tehem and let us see.

However, chances are by tomorrow night they would be wrong, plus I am sure that there are a lot of teams where you could not even find the info.  But I would love to see what you have so far.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.